I read the previous post about this but have a question. A friend of mine is looking at an 08 RSV at a dealership. The original owner traded in the bike so my friend will be the second owner. Does this matter as long as there is warranty left.

I'm thinking if he is looking to buy it from the dealer then that dealer should do it. Oh....it doesn't cost anything either so don't let them charge him or use that as a bargaining tool.

Well put. Don't let the dealer think they have the upper hand on this deal just because the bike has some remaining warranty.

Also: I just don't get why people buy used bikes from stealers? In Oregon where I live I can find more used Yamahas from private parties than from dealers and at a savings of an average $2000. My credit union will loan me the same amount of money on a private party used bike as a dealer used bike.

hey 09rstd,

I agree with you about buying used from a dealer but my friend is looking for an 08 or 09 venture within 250 miles radius. There aren't many available. He found the 08 at a dealer.