IGNORED

1991 Kawi Voyager battery light

tufftom4

My 91 Voyager has the battery light on but it has a new battery and it is getting 14v at idle I am wondering if it has the same battery sensor that the VR did for wet battery's. If someone has a clue on Voyagers give me a shout, this is my first one.

Tom

Tom,

I've never worked on a Voyager, but all of the battery electrolyte level alarms I've seen (including by back up sump pump) work just like the first Gen Ventures. Does the battery have a sensor pluged into the top?? It probably doesn't but look around and you may find the wire that used to go to the sensor near the battery. On the Ventures, I just connect it with a 1,000 to 3,300 ohm resistor to the auxilary power screw coming out of the fusebox. The reason I chose this was because it is switched OFF when the key is OFF. I don't know if the Veeger has a similiar item.

Frank D.

My 91 Voyager has the battery light on but it has a new battery and it is getting 14v at idle I am wondering if it has the same battery sensor that the VR did for wet battery's. If someone has a clue on Voyagers give me a shout, this is my first one.

Tom

It is the same. Just put in the resistor. I had a 96.:thumbsup2: