IGNORED

Question for Tri-Bar headlight owners??

RSTDdog

I just received my Tri-bar headlight. Bought it on ebay from a Yamaha dealer. Its a factory Yamaha part, New in Box, date code on the label is 2004. The glass lens isn't perfectly clear. Taken by itself its not too bad, but its real noticeable compared to the Tribar passing lamps, which have perfectly clear lenses. The lens has just enough distortion to make the chrome tribar cover inside the housing look fuzzy, like the prescription in your glasses is off. Lens isn't dirty or foggy, just looks like the way the glass was made.

Anybody else have this or notice this? Debating on whether or not to send back to seller. They aren't that easy to find though. Wondering if they all came through this way?

Thanks,

RSTDdog

I say contact the seller and say something about the lens, say you want them to replace the lens at their cost or you will be forced to return the lightbar for a refund.

The tri-bar headlight is from a different seller than the Tri-bar passing lights. The headlight is a unit and the glass lens is not replaceable by itself. The seller of the headlight has a 30 day money back, so thats not really an issue. Visually the headlight lens is not as clear as the passing light lenses. Just trying to find out if its normal or not. I'll try and post a picture later although glass is not the easiest to photograph. Its strictly cosmetic, I don't think it will affect the light output.

RSTDdog

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to highly recommend the ebay seller smokeypointcb (Smokey Point Cycle Barn)

Smokey Point Cycle Barn

15202 Smokey Point Blvd Marysville WA 98271

Phone: (360) 530-7800 Fax: (360) 530-7810

I explained to them the situation about the lens flaw (I purchased the Tribar headlight from them) and they offered my choice of a 50% refund if I wanted to keep it with the flaw, or full refund including return shipping (it was shipped free to start with). They had two, but both were sold and the part is NLA from Yamaha so exchange was not an option. First rate seller in my book, and if you live close enough to patronize them in person, I would do it. Their ebay messages are personally written and signed with a first and last name, not a canned autoreply. If they have this much concern about their online reputation, I would say they must be equally as good or better dealing with people in person.

Just wanted to give them the two thumbs up!!

RSTDddog