IGNORED

Radial tires for 2nd Gen RSV

Question..........I put new Bridgestone bias tires on my bike. They don't grip as well as my former bike with radials. What is the harm of switching to radial tires for my 2001 Royal Star Venture? I generally haul a passenger, and I'm an overweight, tall guy.

I'm not sold on any brand tire, just wanted a tire which is safe, grips well and doesn't follow all the grooves on the road.

Suggestions? (on brand) - Comments on radials?

Thanks. Dave

You won't hear much applause for the Bridgestones. Radials aren't common in our size and weight requirements.

The most popular tires are Avon Venoms, and Dunlops. Some like the Metzlers, but many think they throw tread (I like them and have never had a problem with them).

There are dozens of threads about tires, the most popular topic after oil choice.

You won't hear much applause for the Bridgestones. Radials aren't common in our size and weight requirements.

The most popular tires are Avon Venoms, and Dunlops. Some like the Metzlers, but many think they throw tread (I like them and have never had a problem with them).

There are dozens of threads about tires, the most popular topic after oil choice.

I don't think you can find a 15" radial motorcycle tire that fits, you can always do the car tire on rear then a radial front but still won't get that snappy handling your looking for :2cents:.

Metzlers here also but currently on a set of Michelin Commanders ( price was right ). :stirthepot: