IGNORED

ACC ignition position not getting power!!!

I have a RSTD 2007 and I have an after market faring on it. I usually put the ignition in the first position which allows you to have power come in to the bike without having the headlights on and I could play my stereo system when I am parked, but now there is no power in the ACC position. I have checked the fuse under the left side cover and it is good. Is there anothe fuse box on the bike that may controle the ACC power or could it be something else? I NEED HELP BAD!!! Thank.

I do not know how the RSTD is setup nor what kind of modifications have been made as a result of your fairing being installed but on the RSV there IS another fuse box in the lower right cowling (by rear brake). I don't know how you have fused and/or setup the wiring in your fairing but that might be a place to look.

The other thing that I would do as one of the first things is to pop off the fuel tank and check for continuity in the ignition switch itself. The tech library contains wiring diagrams [thanks to Dingy] that out to be helpful. I don't know how much experience you have with this kind of thing, so if you would like/require more instruction just say so.

Checking for the switch continuity will verify whether it is a problem with the switch or something else on your bike. Probably one of the easiest (outside of checking fuses) checks to do before digging too deep into anything else.

Again, not knowing how your fairing is/was wired up and whatnot will make it sort of tricky to help troubleshoot this for you, but one step at a time, eh?

:080402gudl_prv:

Does the radio work when the motor is running? ie the ignition switch in the run position? If it doesn't, then more likely the problem is related to the radio itself, and most likely is a connector. When I first got my 07 I had a lot of trouble with the radio cutting in and out, which I noticed was related to movement of the handlebars. Once I got into the inside of the faring to see the connectors, I found the cuprit. I re-routed the offending connector to make sure it didn't move when the handlebars moved. I also wrapped it with a wire tie pair to give more positive closed pressure on the connector. Have not had any trouble in 3 years since doing this.

I do not know how the RSTD is setup nor what kind of modifications have been made as a result of your fairing being installed but on the RSV there IS another fuse box in the lower right cowling (by rear brake). I don't know how you have fused and/or setup the wiring in your fairing but that might be a place to look.

The other thing that I would do as one of the first things is to pop off the fuel tank and check for continuity in the ignition switch itself. The tech library contains wiring diagrams [thanks to Dingy] that out to be helpful. I don't know how much experience you have with this kind of thing, so if you would like/require more instruction just say so.

Checking for the switch continuity will verify whether it is a problem with the switch or something else on your bike. Probably one of the easiest (outside of checking fuses) checks to do before digging too deep into anything else.

Again, not knowing how your fairing is/was wired up and whatnot will make it sort of tricky to help troubleshoot this for you, but one step at a time, eh?

Thanks for your reply and I will check on the right side for an additional fuse box. If that is not the problem then I guess I will be dinging deeper.

Does the radio work when the motor is running? ie the ignition switch in the run position? If it doesn't, then more likely the problem is related to the radio itself, and most likely is a connector. When I first got my 07 I had a lot of trouble with the radio cutting in and out, which I noticed was related to movement of the handlebars. Once I got into the inside of the faring to see the connectors, I found the cuprit. I re-routed the offending connector to make sure it didn't move when the handlebars moved. I also wrapped it with a wire tie pair to give more positive closed pressure on the connector. Have not had any trouble in 3 years since doing this.

The radio works on the full on position just not when in the ACC position so I know it is not the radio, but thanks for the response.

The radio works on the full on position just not when in the ACC position so I know it is not the radio, but thanks for the response.

If the radio works in the "ON" position but not in the "ACC" position then it is most likely not a fuse since the same circuits ought to be energized on each. This definitely points to a problem with the ignition switch unless there is some funny business with the way the fairing is wired up to. A quick continuity check on that ought to answer that question though.

I have a RSTD 2007 and I have an after market faring on it. I usually put the ignition in the first position which allows you to have power come in to the bike without having the headlights on and I could play my stereo system when I am parked, but now there is no power in the ACC position. I have checked the fuse under the left side cover and it is good. Is there anothe fuse box on the bike that may controle the ACC power or could it be something else? I NEED HELP BAD!!! Thank.

There is a second fuse box behind the right front cowlin near the rear foot break that contains the fuse that controlls the ACC power source. I changed the fuse and it fixed the problem.

cool.... glad you found it, and also gave others info about the fuse that many probably didn`t know, saved alot of steps trying to find it..

what part of Houston do you live in?? There is going to be a BlueBonnet ride on the 21st. It will be posted with in the next few days, it would be great if you could make it, or any time you just want to ride, or tinker on bikes, shoot me a PM.

Kreg

There is a second fuse box behind the right front cowlin near the rear foot break that contains the fuse that controlls the ACC power source. I changed the fuse and it fixed the problem.