IGNORED

Lowering Floorboards

Anybody ever looked into lowering floorboards an inch or so for long legged riders.I have been looking at a 2012 RSV and they seem to sit high enough to allow such a mod without creating too much of a drag issue in corners,but maybe i am wrong.I am 6 foot 3 and maybe raising seat is an option also.

I can always do highway pegs anyways but the floorboards just feel too high for my long legs.I normally ride a Raider and I am use to forward controls and pegs.Maybe pegs would be a good solution.Anybody have pics of a floorbaord to peg conversion?

I'm sure someone with better info will be along soon, but it seems to me that raising the seat would be a cheaper and better alternative. These bikes don't have an enormous amount of ground clearance when leaned over so I would hesitate to reduce it further. Also, keep in mind that the floorboards stick out to the sides and will reach the ground sooner than other parts of the bike and this would get worse if they were lowered. You could start by checking with Rick Butler (See classifieds) who does a great job of modifying the Venture seats (Just got mine back - much more comfortable!) to see what he could do with yours. With your height, I wouldn't think that getting lifted a bit further from the handle bar would be much of a problem. Unless you know a friendly machinist with a lot of knowledge and experience, I suspect that lowering the floor boards could get expensive and you may not like the results.

Andy

Raising the seating position is an option but with my height I do not want a sliding door for a windshield,if you know what I mean.I think another option might be replacing the floor boards with iso wings and using a slight tilt to lower my heels some what ,which mite help a lot vrs a straight peg?I will have to take a closer look at the RSV at my dealer next week.It appears the heel toe shifter is connected to the floorboard from pics I have looked at?