IGNORED

In-line Mic mute

djh3

SO I have kind of been studyin up on the Mic mute thing. I ran across an item on another fourm that is simply a in line mic mute. Made for the GW it says its a 5 pin connection. Looking around I have found them for $50. Wonder if I need one or two? Do they work? We have the high white noise static sound plus engine buzz. And I think because I have to run the IC volume so high it causes the aux MP3 player to not have as good of sound either. Sort of makes it "tinney" sounding. So far have only found one company that makes these jobs though. http://imcmoto.com/honda-goldwing-passenger-mic-mute-and-volume-control.html#

http://imcmoto.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x600/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/g/p/gpms_goldwing_volume_controller_copy.jpg

Oops sorry for second gen if I didnt have that mentioned.

Edited by djh3

I installed the Mic-Mutes a couple of years ago and now I wonder what took so long. I love 'em. If you've got a passenger you'll both appreciate them. I don't use my front and rear speakers much but listen to everything through my helmet headsets and it makes all the difference in the world.

A lot of us here have installed the Mic Mutes but not the once pictured. They make one specifically for the RSV that works with your existing front and rear push to talk switches. The manufacturer is a member here and has been to a couple of my maintenance days and helped install them for purchasers. I don't know that he is going to be able to make it this year but he may send some units to me for those that want them.

Mike I took a look at the air rider site. Looks as though they have an inline type also and its about $36. The one I have seen write ups on in the fourms here are over $125 and you have to plug stuff into the comm system if I remember right. Looking at options right now. I have several things in my sights, just trying to decide what I can afford and what order I would like to get them in. Mic mutes, Buddy Rich cable, a good cover that fits to name a few.

• 2 weeks later...

The Airider is a passenger microphone cut off switch. It is a different animal than Mic-Mutes.

Mic-Mutes is an electronics system that allows BOTH Rider and passenger to have control of BOTH microphones.

The microphone cut off switch allows the rides mic to remain open and continue to pick up wind and road noises. Now you could also add a second one for the riders mic, but that would be cumbersome as far as operation. It would require then that both rider and passenger to have their switches in the same ON or OFF position to talk and also to eliminate the noises.

I'd suggest that you search the internet for feedback before buying the Airider unit.

Thanks Don. I'm still hoping to make it this year again.

So if I read this right. If the passenger has thiers in the "off" or non-transmitt position, they can not hear if your talking to them either? I should think it only cuts out the mic.

I assume that you're question is in referene to the mic cut off switch. The answer to that is no, it does not cut off what the passenger hears. Only the passengers mic is cut off, it which case the rider won't hera the passenger.