IGNORED

Heads up !!

Uturn

About a year or so ago, I was on a trip and when I started to down shift, my shift lever was dangling from the rod and laying on the footboard. The allen head bolt that mounts it to the bike had come out, and gone. I managed to use a cable tie to connect it back to the bike and able to get to the nearest AutoZone to buy a metric bolt that would fit. I hadn't thought anymore about that since it happened until today. My buddy came down around lunch time and said "you'll never believe what happened to me on the way to work this morning!" Yep, his shifter allen head bolt vibrated out. Lucky for him, it was laying on the floorboard and he put his foot on it until he could stop and put it back in.

Suggest every one take a minute and check that bolt and maybe a little lock tite wouldn't hurt.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

Good note Mike

To go along with this, I suggest, especially to 1st genners, to check the bolt holding the side stand and make sure there is not too much play. This is the number one cause of side stand problems and trying to make it home without being able to use your side stand can be a PIA.

RandyA