IGNORED

First ride of the year

OrlinEngh

1st ride of the year, today! Snow and ice finally melted off the gravel and the mud was dry enough to make it out to the pavement. Yahoo!:cool10: Once I hit the pavement I went to Sundance and promptly rode over several large patches of wet ice on the road.:shock3: Then down to Newcastle, lots of snow between Sundance and Newcastle, just not on the road, and a cool 42F for a ways. Then over to Moorcroft and back to house. About 140 miles of pure bliss.:cool10: I am so ready for riding season!

I, too, was able to get the wheels under me for the first time this year. A buddy and I were able to get about 50 miles in while running errands in Eau Claire. We'd have put a few more on but it was pretty breezy up here. I think the 60 barrier was breached, though. My guess is that I'll be out there again tomorrow shooting for a bit more than 50 miles. Should be another nice day. The forecast says mid 60's all week so I'll be able to ride to work too. Savin' gas and lovin' every minute of it!!!:cool10:

I plowed the driveway again today and hit paydirt in a couple of spots. I might get out tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I'm getting itchy!

I feel your pain. Last year it was late May before we were able to get out on the bike.