IGNORED

how do you put pics on the site

bike nut

Yes, you don't have to host them anywhere. Just click on "manage attachments" as stated above and you upload them directly from your computer to here. Just make sure that they aren't too large. They should be resized to no larger than 640 x 480 and a maximum of 200,000 bytes.

If you host them elsewhere you are not restricted by size. Neither do you have to re-size your pictures yourself.

The software re-sizes the picture to fit the Forum. but there is a clickable bar that takes you to the original and that is limited only by the hosting service.

It's better for showing detail AND it is the only way to add pictures to the text.

It's better for showing detail AND it is the only way to add pictures to the text.

This is incorrect.

The 2 pictures below were attached through the Manage Attachments screen. Then put in line using the paper clip icon in the top row of message screen. See link I showed above for more details on this procedure.

This picture is full view of wheel.

[ATTACH]64598[/ATTACH]

This one is a closeup of caliper attachment to brake arm (needs modified for 298mm rotors)

[ATTACH]64599[/ATTACH]

Gary

Edited by dingy
spelling

OK, there are several ways of doing it. They all work and there are advantages and disadvantages to all.

That being said, this is the reason that I prefer the pictures be uploaded here instead of linked from a remote site. There have been a number of times over the years when people have posted some very good technical articles. Great write-ups and complete with pictures. Then a few months or years down the road, the original author of the articles either moved on to another bike and left here or simply came to the point where they needed more space or whatever in their photobucket or wherever they had uploaded the pictures. Either forgetting or no longer caring that they had linked them to a post here, they deleted the pictures at the remote site. What we are left with then is something that used to be a very helpful tech article and is now just some words that don't make a lot of sense when they are referencing pictures that are now just red x's.

I have have spent a good bit of time over the years going through and either deleting or rebuilding articles that were rendered completely useless due to the fact that the remotely hosted pictures were no longer available.

Therefore, at least for technical posts that many here might find useful for years to come, I prefer that the pictures but uploaded to VentureRider.org and not linked to remote sites.

• 2 months later...
This is incorrect.

The 2 pictures below were attached through the Manage Attachments screen. Then put in line using the paper clip icon in the top row of message screen. See link I showed above for more details on this procedure.

This picture is full view of wheel.

[ATTACH]64598[/ATTACH]

This one is a closeup of caliper attachment to brake arm (needs modified for 298mm rotors)

[ATTACH]64599[/ATTACH]

Gary

If you could Dingy, where would one find these calipers and mounting arms?!! Thanks a million!!