IGNORED

Sena Users

Guest midtnrider

Guest midtnrider

Sena is introducing a new SM10 Bluetooth Stereo Audio Adapter- Interesting to see it will interface with the Goldwings on board audio system-DIN 5 pin to 3.5mm 3 pole audio cable- I am hoping it will work for the Ventures on board audio system..I am very pleased with the SMH-10 and if this does work, it will be the cat's meow...

• 5 months later...

I just got my SM10 and I have the SMH10. the headsets work great, just started using them. I got my phone and helmets all paired up and works great. I got the SM10 paired up too and finally figured out the way it works and is fine. I got the Goldwing cable and it does work on the VR intercom system. However, I had trouble getting it to plug in because the weather plug was too long so I trimmed it back to make sure it would plug in. At first I thought that was the reason I had to push so hard to make contact so it would play. After cutting the hood back I found I still have to push on it hard. The pins all line up fine and it sounds good too. Works great but not sure why I have to push and hold the plug up tight. I am thinking the pin sizes on the SENA may be a tad thinner than the receptacle pins are and when I twist or push it hard it makes contact. Thinking about getting a new cable for the radio headset or maybe a Goldwing one and cut it into the cable so it will fit the SENA plug better. Still playing with it. But other than the connection issue it worked fine. Anyone have other ideas on the plug? Thanks

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

OK, Still not making contact in the plug unless I an pushing it or giving it a little twist. has anyone tried the cable for the SM10 to the VR cable yet? All the electronics work great with the SM10 and SMH10 to the VR electronics. Just having issues with the plug. Appears to be the correct one. I might try replacing the VR cable with a new one if I could find one. Thoughts?

Gary

Interesting on the plug and thanks. I noted in the write up about being fully seated. I am wondering is that if that is the problem on mine. If I push in real hard all the channels work and workes great. As for the CB, I have not tried it on mine but it should. I mean if I switch over like normal to a cables headset for my CB that works so the blue tooth should be no different. I am running mine into the shop for some tune up and front fork seals and springs work but when I get it back I am going to spend more time getting all the electronics going good.

Gary

I just got my SMH10 all paired up and can't wait to try them out this weekend. They work pretty great around the house and I am looking forward to having the phone function while motoring down the road. I do think i will have to add the sm10 some time soon. it would be nice to have the radio and CB with out the cord also.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, got my bike back from the shop for some maintenance and worked on the SM10 with my '89VR. It works great but still the plug issue remains. I suspect the plug on my 24 year old VR is not in great shape on the inside. Where can I find a new cable that you plug into for headsets that plugs into the audio system? I would like to change my out. Other wise the SENA system works great with my phone, switches to phone and cuts out bike radio like it should. Audio level could be a bit higher. As for the CB, I need to find someone around here with a CB and try mine out. thanks.

Gary