IGNORED

97 RSTD Carbs

:fingers-crossed-emoHi guys

I'm a newbee with a problem I need help with. I bought a 97 RSTD with 26000mi that was sitting up for two years. It starts but runs real ruff(suprise) I want to rebuild the carbs and since I'm adding aftermarket exhaust I want to re-jet. I was told I need to change the orings because of the ethenol in fuel these days,

1. Where is the best place to buy the rebuild kit?

2. What size jets do I need?

3. Is that true about the orings and if so will the orings in the kit do? If not where can I buy the orings?

Also this bike pulls left hard at very slow speed. I know that all bikes have their quirks but, Is this normal? Any other suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks for any help.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about rejetting until you get the exhaust on,see how it does.

As for the pulling,maybe a sticking left front caliper??I'd definitely swap out the brake fluid and get the calipers working right...I did the same as you,that is bought a 98 RSTD that was sitting and I drained all brake fluids,moved the caliper pucks in and out with a c clamp and put fresh fluid in.Good advise using sea foam or other fuel additives,try that 1st. Good Luck

I'd run a couple tanks of gas heavily treated with Seafoam or maybe Techron concentrate or BG44, before tearing into the carbs. let it set a few hours in the carbs and ride it again.

i did exaclty what Randy recomended and it work like a charm, go for the sea foam, great stuff, warmbiker,:confused24: