IGNORED

Rented a Harley in Arizona

ablumny

I travel a lot for business and am trying to fit a day in before or after business for a ride where possible and theres no shortage of my business pals willing to take a customer out for a "business event"! I wish someone would visit me in Long Island so I could return the favor !

Anyway, picked up a Harley Ultra Glide the past Monday. This my 2nd time on a Harley. There's a lot I like about it, plenty I don't but I have to say Harley instils a mind set I don't get on my venture and I was digging it :) but not enough to switch.

Rode out to Canyon Lake to a place called Tortilla Flats, an hour or so east of Phoenix. Anyone local over there knows what a beautiful crazy ride that one road to Tortilla Flats is. Did a lot of riding around Superstition Mountain and a few more lake areas. Fantastic region.....and the weather this time of year is perfect.

Have another ride planned for the fall, going north of Phoenix this time, Sedona, Red Rocks, etc.

I'm trying to learn my new Nikon DLSR, not succeeding but heres a few pics from the trip

https://picasaweb.google.com/ablumny/ArizonaRideFeb2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMLEi4vCgv7yDQ&feat=directlink

Hey ablumny, yes diffently a Harley gives you a different mind set. I am not sure if it is that riding American mind set, or just the effects of great adverisment of riding a Harley. As for the differences, I have rode the Ultra several times, and now own a Heritage, but will openly admit I liked the RSV better than either of them. Just wish mother yamaha would get off her lazy butt, and do some mods on the RSV, like lower seat, different frame like on Strat, heck maybe a 8-track :rotf:, etc.

But it is good to try different bikes, makes you appreciate and miss the RSV. Later-

The mindset thing is interesting. Feel like I get no respect on the RSV but on a Harley......but then again it's not worth all that $$ for that and I really don't care :)

Ya I have to agree, I like my RSV better too but things like a better stereo, integrated cd player in the dash, fuel injection, 6 speed gearbox, better factory seat, better and more gauges would be nice upgrades like the ultra had . As silly as it sounds, I like the side hinged trunk hood too!

Although it was a pig. Not the power my RSVP has. and the shaking at a stop...... And the wierd radio and turn signal hand controls.... Eh :)

The dealer I picked up at was great, treated me like a friend. My yammie dealer doesn't care if I walk in the door or not. Now it may be Arizona vs new york thing too.

However I'm still thinking about a Harley!

Yuma? I went to http://www.eaglerider.com. Good place to start or find a dealer in Yuma that rents direct.

Edited by ablumny