IGNORED

Anyone seen a banchie horn before??

dacheedah

How does this stack up against the air horns?? Has anyone heard of or seen this product before??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDeH2v6TSAA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]Banshee Horn - Warning System for Motorcycles, Cars and Boats - YouTube[/ame]

Great idea.

I setup one of my bikes similar to this with the stock horn option and additional air horn if needed. Both hooked to the stock horn switch. I just additionally hit a custom made switch under the grip were your fingers always rest actuates them both. Addition of flashing light is a good option.

When I watched the video I thought, "Wow, sounds just like my Wolos".

Looking at his products, he is offering:

1) Control module with wiring harness.

2) Control module with wiring harness and what sure looks like a black Stebel/Wolo Nautilus.

3) Control module with wiring harness and what sure looks like a chrome Stebel/Wolo Nautilus.

So, his value add is the control module. The control module does 3 things:

1) Delays air horn for 1/2 second so you can Beep-Beep the stock horn.

2) Activates the high bean headlamp with the air horn.

3) Cycles the air horn and lights on and off.

I really wouldn't want the 1/2 second delay. When you need to wake someone up 1/2 second can be fatal. As far as cycling on and off - what is the benefit? We're not looking for a siren.

I do like the lights idea. I've considered adding relays to my horn circuit to light up both the fog and passing lamps if I hit the button.

Novel, I like it's concept but I'll stick with dual Wolo's. I agree with Carl's observation with the 1/2 second delay, and I personally think a steady air horn blast is much more attention getting than a pulsing beep. If you just quickly hit the Wolo it gives a polite beep albeit short...

If you look at police cars or fire engines, it is the alternating siren that catches your attention. Having a horn system like shown in the video would catch more attention... but would mean that you are a more than a few seconds away from an issue.

I have a Stebel horn on the right side and might consider something like this to replace the horn inside the fairing.

As for lights, I ride with high beam and passing lights during the day, low beam and passing lights during the day so I wouldn't benefit from the headlight connection. Riding with high beams definitely makes you more visible during the day ! My passing lights are brighter than the headlight (have the Silverstar Ultra) and that makes a difference.