ok, so i got a 42s fuel pump. it comes with a screw-in filter. should i leave this filter on as well as the inline filter i already have?? or should i just go to ACE and get a fitting, and leave my stock filter? thanks.

You can never have enough filters. Tandems are OK.... The screw in would be the first line of defense, and probably easier to get to...

what prompted you to get this pump? I guess your OEM died. Filters work best on the INPUT side. This will always protect the pump set up. Looks nice and small. I looked this up... PSI 2- 3.5 etc...which is more than the OEM 1 to 2psi

it was still oem on my 83. i was having some intermittent issue with it. just made a trip to the keys and planning going again in March. not taking any chances of fuel issues on the Tamiami Trail. so far, so good. fires up quicker, comes to idle faster. less sluggish at the throttle. then I synced. riding to custom bike builders show tomorrow at Quaker. ya buddy! somewhere on here, others talked about using this 42s, havnt steered me wrong yet!