IGNORED

A Hardley question.

Yammer Dan

Director at gym found out I ride. Son-in-law got big mouth. Anywho he has a hardley softail. Claims the seat kills his softail after a few miles. Claims it has a Corbin on it now. Wants to know if I can steer him towards seat and is the AGM battery for these things the same as a 2nd Gem battery??

When the now former roommate was letting me ride pillion on his heritage, the seat was killing my tail too. Since he'd never carried passengers before so he didn't know the seat was butt numbing in a bad way. After my feedback he got a wide gel seat for the pillion. One of our friends has a electra glide (I think) I thought back when I rode last the pillion was ok, but that's me. I can't really give any opinions beyond that.

Guest tx2sturgis

Different models and years of Softails use different batteries and seats.

So we would have a hard time knowing which year, and model, and style of battery it would have.

And if its a Corbin saddle and hes not comfortable, I'm guessing this guy is a lighter-framed person.

I'm shooting in the dark here, but if hes less than say, 175 pounds or so, the seat (or suspension) may be too firm. If hes a large heavyweight guy, over say, 250 pounds, the seat MAY be too soft, or maybe the shape is not right for his 'sit-bones'....different models of Softails have different seats.

This will be tough to answer unless we get more information.

the only thing I've found that helps with the "sit bones" once they get sore is an Air Hawke...

http://www.airhawkseatcushions.net/c-7-airhawk-motorcycle-cushions.aspx?&pagesize=999999

I also have a sheepskin cover...

Unless of course he wants to buy a +$500 seat...:mo money:

With the pillow top on the 07 RSV though, I haven't had to use either...:whistling:

Edited by CaptainJoe

Guest tx2sturgis
He is a heavyweight. Probally around 260. All muscle. I think he said a 08 Softail.

Ok, hes a big guy, so he needs a large broad supportive saddle if he intends to put lots of miles on the bike...but its an 08 Softail what?

Softail Standard? Heritage Softail Classic? Fatboy? Night Train? Softail Deluxe? Rocker? Springer?

Some of these models have a deep custom seat, some have a very thin minimalist type seat...some have a broad firm seat.

Guest tx2sturgis
Looks like I need more info. Too many hardleys!!

Yeah....saying you ride a Harley Softail is like sayin you drive a Chevy Sedan.

It provides a category, rather than a model.