IGNORED

Medjet Assist

RedRider

Owen posted back in June about this, but I wanted to bring it up again.

Much discussion in the LD community has been about the Medjet Assist program. It is required for most of the longer rallies (IBR, Buttlite VI, 10n10) and seems to be a good idea all around.

Medjet Assist is an insurance/retainer program that will transport you from anywhere in the world to your home hospital (or whatever hospital you want). If you get the correct coverage, they will also transport your motorcycle from anywhere in North America (Cont. US, Alaska, Canada, Mexico - not sure about Hawaii) to your local dealer.

Coverage is $250 annually and there is available short term contracts also. I believe some memberships (BMWMOA, IBA) provide some discounts.

http://medjetassist.com/membership/motorcycleprotection.aspx

I will be getting the annual this year. Mostly for the Alaska trip, but the incremental costs from a 3 week membership to annual makes it a no-brainer.

RR

Hi Jeff, I went ahead and got the one yr Domestic for $175 when Owen posted this last summer. It made the wife feel better in taking on the RAT and some other Iron Butt rides away from home this year. And planning to do more out of state runs next year. Have fun on the Alaska run.

PK