IGNORED

Parts prices rant

Dmnordin

I can't say how sick I am of some people out there that think their motorcycle parts are made of gold and that they have to make a ton of money on shipping on top of that!!! I've sold a lot of car and motorcycle parts in my day, and I know there is work involved, but come on! I refuse to be raped. I'm going to have to start fabricating some parts from scratch I guess if I refuse to play some people's games.

very pissed off,

DougN

I can't say how sick I am of some people out there that think their motorcycle parts are made of gold and that they have to make a ton of money on shipping on top of that!!! I've sold a lot of car and motorcycle parts in my day, and I know there is work involved, but come on! I refuse to be raped. I'm going to have to start fabricating some parts from scratch I guess if I refuse to play some people's games.

very pissed off,

DougN

Ebay made a change about 6 months ago and started charging seller fees on shipping. It was a way for sellers to circumvent paying fees on the selling price of an item, they would sell it cheap, but charge excessive shipping to make a profit. It has seemed to help out.

On the wrenches I sell on ebay, I list them as free shipping, when actually I have included shipping in the listed cost. It's a marketing ploy, somewhat like $9.99 sounds way better than $10.00.

Gary

It's a pattern I see as I occasionally need a part (especially 1st Gen fairing parts). Last year I had some extra fairing parts (so I thought) and sold them to someone here for a reasonable price. They were happy & I was happy.

I regret to say that it is not only eBay where the raping occurs. A couple of sellers on this site consistently have quoted me arm & leg prices plus WAY expensive shipping.

I'm pissed off enough that in "retaliation " I'm going to make a list of some of my spare 1st Gen parts and offer them here for the cost of shipping to hopefully foster more gratitude/pay it forward attitude here (greed just plain sucks).

& I'm going to fabricate from scratch the parts I currently need to say "bite me" to the selling world at large.

On a positive note; Doc is the MAN! He helped me out tremendously when I was rebuilding my frankenbike 1.5 years ago. & I do appreciate those that have been fair & treated me well in selling their parts.

Doug