IGNORED

Driving / Passing light bar for my '06 VRS

BBoi

Looking to add a light bar but can't seem to find a after market that says it will fit. Do I have to buy Yamahas?

Do I need a actual bar or is there another way to mount lights?

Edited by BBoi

I personally would buy the Yamaha light bar because this way you know it will fit correctly..Just my 2 cents..

Check into the light bar "spacer block" that fits behind the light bar. It brings the bar fwd and down. This way you do not have to remove the light bar every time you want to split the fairing for maintenance or adding accessories...

The light bar is a PIT-butt when you have to remove it time and time again, and the steel allen head bolts will eventually tend to bind and that will cause you other troubles where you will have to re-tap (chase) the threads.

This is a known problem with the RSV light bar.

Chasing the threads is easy, but the fairing is in the way to which makes it a PIT-Butt to do...:thumbsup2:

no this was a alumin block that was machined down on one side to look like an " L ". and once installed you never had to remove the light bar to remove the faring. i forgot who made them but maybe some one will chimein and tell us.

reguards

don c.