IGNORED

Not Bike Thoughts on Last of the Breed

Yammer Dan

I bought a Last of the breed Pontiac early this year.

4 door G6 pretty well equipped. What is this thing going to do. Will it hold value pretty well or bottom drop out because they aren't around any more. I thought it would hold pretty well. Some dumba** tried to tell me yesterday it is worthless because they don't make them any more. I couldn't get Blue book to work this morning.Pretty sure its not worthless.

Those are nice cars and have good quality and value. Will the value hold up as if they were still making them? Maybe not, but does it really matter much to you? Are you planning on selling in the near future? If not, just enjoy it and run it into the ground like I do my vehicles as I tend to keep them for a looong time.

RandyA

We just bought a new Buick Regal. Have a fairly long relationship with the dealership. The salesman said that when they quit making the Pontiacs, it wound up costing him 100+ deals per year. They are a GMC-Buick only dealership now, he said the Chevys are mostly picking up the Pontiac business. I always liked the Oldsmobiles and the Pontiacs, sad to see them (and Plymouth and DeSoto and Studebaker and Packard, etc. etc.) go. Those were the days, my friend! If you keep it long enough it may become a rare classic and become very valuable.

I went for a Buick Mel and got such a deal on the Pontiac I couldn't pass it up and Buick was really beyond my pocketbook at the time. Last time I was at the dealer he offered me a 07 Buick Regal even swap. It had 10k more than my 2010 and was loaded with leather. I had a hard time walking away. I really kind of had a thought that the G6 might hold its value because you can't get them anymore?? Maybe in a few years be worth as much as when new??

I think the value will be equivalent to the Malibu for several years. But, with it being front wheel drive i wouldn't think it will increase in value. Being it replaced the Grand Am there's not much of a market for them anymore. A 6.0 or 6.2 G8 may increase in value.

... doubt value will go up, but may decrease slowly.

Makes me sad :depressed: again, remembering my 1968 Pont Bonnieville I let go in 2000 because my wife to become my X in another 11 months didn't like it. How stupid can a guy with initials JDT get? Guess I just proved it, huh. I must have been mentally sick! :sick:

Jack T