IGNORED

Brake lever issue again.Winter gloves again .

muaymendez1

So all warm season riding was fine and my brake lever reach problem had subsided.here it is again.the lever is too far and also very hard to squeeze.Are there after market levers available that for closer to the grip.

I checked and lubed all pivot points again and the lever is just so damn hard to squeeze

Am I being a baby?

I have fairly large hands so reach isn't an issue. I do like the lever being adjusted so that it doesn't really do anything until it's close to the grip though. Rick Butler showed me years ago how he had his adjusted. I liked it and have had mine set that way ever since. Basically you just adjust the furled nut so that the lever has freeplay until it gets closer to the grip. Mine is set so that it will actually touch the grip when I squeeze it with moderate pressure. That means that even though the reach is the same, there is no pressure on it until you pull it in closer to the grip and it makes it much easier to pull and also more comfortable to hold while stopped at a red light and etc. Still MORE than enough braking power.