IGNORED

TCI Replacement

Hmmmm! Might work, the response curve would be different but seeing as you have VMax cams that might be a good thing. I guess the answer would be does the VMax have dual pickups like your '85 has...

I checked the 1995 Vmax circuit diagrams and found they show the same dual-pick up/4x as shown in the 1985 VR. Can I assume all 1200 Vmax's were the same?

:fingers-crossed-emo

Gary,

I researched the parts that you mentioned.

The goal is to have one pick-up coil instead of four.

Could one of my pick-up coils be physically located in the same spot as the single coil?

Couldn't I re-wire the harness?

:confused24:

Do you have any Universal TCI Kits left for a Vmax?:)

Gary,

I researched the parts that you mentioned.

The goal is to have one pick-up coil instead of four.

Could one of my pick-up coils be physically located in the same spot as the single coil?

Couldn't I re-wire the harness?

:confused24:

Do you have any Universal TCI Kits left for a Vmax?:)

I think you have about a snowballs chance in Hell of that working.

Chance of either one of the rotor lobes and one of the 4 timing coils having the proper alignment to match what was done on the 90-93 are extremely slim. But then people play the lottery ever day with a million to one chance at hitting.

Wiring harness would by far be the easiest part. Since there is zero adjustment in the timing at the pickup coils the lobe & coil would have to be perfect to match a stock TCI. The Ignitech unit would probably be doable as the timing is adjustable in the TCI via a computer hookup.

It would be an interesting and probably frustrating project though.

Gary

I think you have about a snowballs chance in Hell of that working.

Chance of either one of the rotor lobes and one of the 4 timing coils having the proper alignment to match what was done on the 90-93 are extremely slim. But then people play the lottery ever day with a million to one chance at hitting.

Wiring harness would by far be the easiest part. Since there is zero adjustment in the timing at the pickup coils the lobe & coil would have to be perfect to match a stock TCI. The Ignitech unit would probably be doable as the timing is adjustable in the TCI via a computer hookup.

It would be an interesting and probably frustrating project though.

Gary

But, do you have any Universal Kits left? :whistling: