IGNORED

Good News for a Change.....

BuckShot

Some people here knew that I lost my job in June 2010 due to business necessity. They did offer me a seasonal job for winters which I took. After looking for a job all summer with no success, they called me back Oct 1,2010 for the winter. In April 2011 they asked me if I would like to stick around for the summer and I accepted. In Aug 2011 they offered my full time postion back with all benifits like I had never left, which I accepted. So...I am back to work full time.

At my age tho....I did miss having the summer off and found out it wouldn't take much for me to retire..... If not for the better health insurance,( we was on my wife's for awhile) I could have stayed on seasonal and just collected unemployment for a few months each summer.:sign20:

Congrats on getting back to full time (and more money).

But, know what you mean about being treated to some time off.

My company went through a tough year, two years ago (better now). We did furlough weeks, one a month. But we did get up to 10 weeks unemployment in the year to buffer it. At first it was "ohoh",,, but buy the 3rd week out it was "pick me!".

Wouldn't mind if they would offer that as an option. That was kind of like getting 13 weeks vacation.

I was busy tending my brother's estate so it was not ride,ride,ride as much as I hoped.

But it was enough to "taste" retirement. I'm 61.

If it weren't for medical,,, bet a lot of us wouldn't wait till 65!