IGNORED

radio control module

j_berg

Looking for a radio controll module. The one under the front fairing.So if anyone is parting out a crashed bike or replacing their radio with something else please let me know.I saw pinwall had one for $300 was hoping to find one for less than that.

Looking for a radio controll module. The one under the front fairing.

:scratchchin::scratchchin::scratchchin: Jeff, do you mean the one on the handlebars? :scratchchin::scratchchin::scratchchin:

I'm not sure, but I think the only part of the system under the fairing is the cassette deck. The actual radio is under the trunk, and just a bunch of plug ins to it under the fairing.

Good Luck, Scooter Bob

no luck with warrenty,long story but something shorted when wiring up air horn.my fault stupid mistake and now i'm paying for it.I think it is just the amp part of it but no idea how to fix it or if it can be fixed.

Sorry to hear it. You DO know that there are TWO fuses right? I had a member stop by my house one night a few weeks ago with a problem where his radio wouldn't work. Turned out to be the fuse under the left side panel on his but there is also an audio fuse inside the right lower cowling. Just want to make sure that you are aware and have checked both of them.

thanks freebird but I did check both fuses. the radio works but no sound coming out the speakers. if I put my head set on and turn the volume all the way up i can barely hear it.any other suggestions would be appreciated

if I put my head set on and turn the volume all the way up i can barely hear it.

This might be a stretch....but when the radio is on "mute" :doh:that is exactly what happens with my MkII. But I'm sure you already checked that a dozen times right?

Hey Jeff, My BAD, Now I remember, thanks to Freebird's comments. :doh:

There is that module between the fairing braces that I used for mounting my XM radio antenna and headlight modulator. Now I remember.:bang head:

Karen and I are disappearing somewhere north for the weekend. We could stop by for a bit earlier in the day on Friday, or perhaps Sunday afternoon, if you want a fresh set of eyes on it before you throw out the big bucks.

Give me a call if you like, nine two zero 210 four six five two.

Later, Scooter Bob