IGNORED

HTC Droid Incredible 2

Hummingbird

I find myself at a crossroads AGAIN !

I currently have a Motorola Droid but it's not global. I guess when I got it, it fell into the window of non-global droids.

So, I have to get another phone and the HTC Incredible seems to be the one - it doesn't have a slide out keyboard (I don't need that type) and is lighter.

Anybody have one of the Incredibles and if so any problems ?

I was due for an update on my cellphone. I went with the iPhone 4 but after 3 weeks I went back to Verizon and changed out for the Incredible 2. It cost me a hundred bucks but I have a 50 dollar rebate to send in so changing out will cost me 50 dollars. I like the Incredible 2 MUCH better than I did the iPhone 4.

Not sure what you mean by "global" ?

I just got an HTC Desire HD Android .... awesome device. A tad large tho.

Global means that I con use it here in the states as well as in Europe without any changes. Not a lot of phones are cdma as well as gsm.

The Incredible looks like the one to get, has a 1.0 ghz ? processor and won't cost a fortune.

didn't weigh them but the Motorola Droid is obviously heavier than the Incredible. Weight probably wouldn't make any difference except that I carry my phone in my shirt pocket and I find that I don't need the key pad since the touch panels have gotten so user friendly since my first Blackberry.

Guest tx2sturgis

Bad news, darn things are listed for $439.00

Good news, it only cost $99.00

How can they do that and who pays $439 for a phone ?

You did.

You financed the phone with a 2 year contract most likely.

All these smartphones cost hundreds of dollars, which the carrier pays, then collects around $1200 a year from you to use it.

YMMV, but the fact is, we are getting hooked on these things.

:happy34:

Guest tx2sturgis
GETTING ??? :doh:

HOOK, LINE, and SINKER here already..:rotf::rotf:

It like loosin my wallet if I can't find my phone.:bang head::rotf:

Well, I am the same way...been using a smartphone since January 2009.....but its fun watching all these posts of other members now finding them indispensable.

Global means that I con use it here in the states as well as in Europe without any changes. Not a lot of phones are cdma as well as gsm.

The Incredible looks like the one to get, has a 1.0 ghz ? processor and won't cost a fortune.

we use HSDPA technology here on the HTC Desire. The Desire is maybe one step up in capabilities to the Incredible and has a slightly bigger screen.

I'm not sure that the Incredible is available here in Canada.

You did.

You financed the phone with a 2 year contract most likely.

All these smartphones cost hundreds of dollars, which the carrier pays, then collects around $1200 a year from you to use it.

YMMV, but the fact is, we are getting hooked on these things.

:happy34:

Naw - it's a corporate phone. there are 3 of us with a 4000 minute a month plan. It's only about $300 a month but I have to watch the minutes, when it approaches 4000, I increase it to 6000. Only costs $50 versus we know how much if it goes over.

So, the upfront cost was $100 with ( you're right) a 2 year contract of $10 a month.

• 1 month later...
I got the Incredible - a lot lighter than the Motorola Droid.

Bad news, darn things are listed for $439.00

Good news, it only cost $99.00

How can they do that and who pays $439 for a phone ?

$439, just as well price them at $1,000. They just about give them away with a new activation or a renewal of your contract. I go my Incredible 2 the very week the came out and got it for $99. If I hadn't been so lazy I would have got it at Costco for $79 but they only had it at that price for three days.

By the way, I like this phone.