IGNORED

trunk lid help

one of the snaps on my trunk lid broke off some time ago. i've been riding with just the one but it is wearing thin and won't stay fastened. I guess I'll have to buy a new lid. is there a place to buy one besides yamaha. I'd hate to think what that would cost. any insight on this problem is appreciated.

David

What Generation 1st or 2nd. Is it the part that latches back by where the key goes. If so I have fixed both of mine. J B Weld works great. You can pick that stuff up at Wally World, Auto Zone or any auto parts place. I put J B Weld on both side let it set for 24 hours been working great for 2 years now

I'll second that as well.. I've tried the ABS weld and glue method but they eventually broke off too.. but a good dab of JB Weld does the job well.. One of the lock down latches broke off 2 years ago and the JB Weld fix has been good ever since. (helps to rough up the mating surfaces to allow the JB to get a better purchase on the parts.

Cheers

I'll second that as well.. I've tried the ABS weld and glue method but they eventually broke off too.. but a good dab of JB Weld does the job well.. One of the lock down latches broke off 2 years ago and the JB Weld fix has been good ever since. (helps to rough up the mating surfaces to allow the JB to get a better purchase on the parts.

Cheers

I did not rough mine up. I never thought about it but that is a good idea