IGNORED

86 Royale question???

ratrodney

Hey All.

Just purchased a 86 Venture Royale in pretty nice shape for a sweet price ($400.00 bones). I drove her home and knew the battery was questionable but i ran it dwn while messin with it?

I cant even figure out how to get to the battery! Is there an easy way or is there any place on the bike to quickly jump the battery???

Tnx, RR

if its like my 91 then lift the tank lid. You should see a small phillips head screw just below the gas tank cap. Take it out and the false tank cover should easily push forward . The top is set into a small rubber catch and should pop out easily. The battery is just under the false tank.

Not sure about a quick jump connection but you can put a trickle charger setup on it with quick connect leads.

DAvid

Do you have a meter? Get it running and check that the system is charging. If you just bought it, take the battery out, check for acid level, and charge it and have it tested. It may be OK. A new battery isn't that big a deal though. Nice looking bike for 400 bones? (never heard that word before!). :confused24::)

Thanks guys.

Its a real nice bike. I have the side panels just havent put em on. Has a slight miss kinda like a fouled plug??? but it smoothes out real nice. I need to chk oil to. Weres the sight plug at for it????

If yer asking if Id sell her I just might but hadnt thought about it. Just got it to cruise back n forth to work mainly. Mula...Car... Never know. Hit me up. RR

Sight glass is low near the front right (as sitting on it)

Just hold the bike level to check.

It should be only about 1/2 to 2/3 full.

You might reason that it should be almost completely full...but that's too much.

check the tech library and you will find the manual...anything you need to know will be there.

not that anyone minds answering questions though!