IGNORED

Alternete Headset

calgaryrider

Does anyone know if I can cut out the CB headphones and still use the mic by pulling the corasponding pins on the plug-in. What I'm looking to do is have the transmission come thru the bike speakers but I don't want to do any permanent damage to the DIN plug on the bike. thanks

Markus

Pulling the pins would only kill the headset speakers, it won't make the audio come through the speakers in the fairing.

There is a switch that makes the audio come out the speakers rather than the headphones. It's on the audio controller and labeled "H.PH". Pushing it should toggle between the speakers and headset.

Pulling the pins would only kill the headset speakers, it won't make the audio come through the speakers in the fairing.

There is a switch that makes the audio come out the speakers rather than the headphones. It's on the audio controller and labeled "H.PH". Pushing it should toggle between the speakers and headset.

Thats what I thought might happen, if I want to take out headset speakers I'd need to toggle the H.PH off to hear thru bike speakers then turn it back on before pushing PTT and talking. making a lot more button pushing for myself.

Thats what I thought might happen, if I want to take out headset speakers I'd need to toggle the H.PH off to hear thru bike speakers then turn it back on before pushing PTT and talking. making a lot more button pushing for myself.

actually no...................my 91 I can still loisten through the bikes speakers and use the mike and ptt button as normal. I dont have to toggle backwards and forwards and my ear speakers are still on the headsets for when I want to use them,

David

actually no...................my 91 I can still loisten through the bikes speakers and use the mike and ptt button as normal. I dont have to toggle backwards and forwards and my ear speakers are still on the headsets for when I want to use them,

David

That's right. The button shouldn't affect the mic at all. It only switches between the speakers and earphones.

And when you use the PTT switch it cuts out the speakers. Only reason you should get feedback is if the guy next to you has his speakers cranked up.

That's right. The button shouldn't affect the mic at all. It only switches between the speakers and earphones.

And when you use the PTT switch it cuts out the speakers. Only reason you should get feedback is if the guy next to you has his speakers cranked up.

Ahhh, so that's what happened!

Andy