IGNORED

Intercom Question

Old Texan

OK So now I can also get the IC to work if the radio is turned on, but without either the CB or the Radio turned on it quits working. Also I would have thought that a IC transmission would have canceled out the Radio similar to what happens when a CB transmission is received that breaks the squelch but on mine it does not. Hate to take it in to the shop but unless someone's got any ideas I may have to. At least it still under warranty.

Jim

The IC works through the radio so the radio must be on for the IC to work. The CB does not have to be on for the IC to work. The CB will block out the radio but I've never really paid attention to whether or not the IC blocks out the radio when it's being used. The IC does have a separate volume control so you could make sure the volume is louder than the radio's volume. We keep our conversations pretty short since neither of us has great hearing, so that it's not easy using the IC at speed.

Andy

Everything you describe is normal. The IC only works if one or both of the radios are on. If you do not want to hear the radio, just turn the volume all the way down. The IC has it's own volume setting. My wife and I find that anything between 10-12 on the IC is fine for the majority of situations.

The IC works on the hot-mic principle, meaning that the mic is always on and the audio is simply mixed with whatever audio is already playing. This is different from VOX, or voice activated transmission, which keys the transmitter when the mic senses input.

Goose

Have only tried rider/pass helmets/headsets once since I just got the bike. This post leads me to a question... If the IC vol is turned down to zero (off), I do not hear the passenger when she transmits on CB, nor does she hear me when I transmit. Is this normal operation?

The CB works fine otherwise, other bikes can hear me or the passenger and we can both hear other bikes when they transmit

sp!ke

Everything you describe is normal. The IC only works if one or both of the radios are on. If you do not want to hear the radio, just turn the volume all the way down. The IC has it's own volume setting. My wife and I find that anything between 10-12 on the IC is fine for the majority of situations.

The IC works on the hot-mic principle, meaning that the mic is always on and the audio is simply mixed with whatever audio is already playing. This is different from VOX, or voice activated transmission, which keys the transmitter when the mic senses input.

Goose

Have only tried rider/pass helmets/headsets once since I just got the bike. This post leads me to a question... If the IC vol is turned down to zero (off), I do not hear the passenger when she transmits on CB, nor does she hear me when I transmit. Is this normal operation?

The CB works fine otherwise, other bikes can hear me or the passenger and we can both hear other bikes when they transmit

sp!ke

Yeah that's normal. You don't normally hear yourself when you transmit on the CB but the IC is "hot" all the time. So...if the IC volume is on, you will hear the other person transmitting on the CB. With the IC volume down to "0" you can't hear the CB transmit (Unless you have another one nearby, I guess.)

Andy