IGNORED

LA Choppers Slip Ons

J&P cycles sales them and some where there is a link to a You tube video of different bikes with different mufflers. If i remember correctly they were some RSV I didn't like the sound of the LA Choppers and just went with some of a 08 street glide. Tried to find it for you but no luck yet.

I have the L.A. choppers. Nice rumble at low speed, low rumble at cruising speed, crack the throttle and they get real loud real fast, a bit too loud for me. I like the rumble and am learning to check who is around before I hit the throttle.

Well, it seems there are very few people here with the LA Chopper slip ons so I bit the bullit and they will arrive tommorrow. I will install them, get pics and sound bytes and post them as soon as I can. Hopefully it will help others,,,,,that is if I like them. If not it may sway others into not buying them. Either way, I will be chasing every UPS truck I see tomorrow and will test them on the Cherohala Skyway this Sat. If aybody wants to join, give me a yell. There'll be a few Harleys but we keep it slow enough so they can keep up.:stirthepot:

LA Choppers have a nice deep rumble at idle and while cruising but when you get on it, they are quite loud. I also have a lot of popping when gearing down or up. If anybody has suggestions on how or what to use to wrap the baffles to quiet them down and how to stop the popping I would really be grateful. Otherwise, I will just sell them because I don't think my wife will like the noise. I really like the sound but she likes to chit chat while riding.

LA Choppers have a nice deep rumble at idle and while cruising but when you get on it, they are quite loud. I also have a lot of popping when gearing down or up. If anybody has suggestions on how or what to use to wrap the baffles to quiet them down and how to stop the popping I would really be grateful. Otherwise, I will just sell them because I don't think my wife will like the noise. I really like the sound but she likes to chit chat while riding.

If you decide to part with them, shoot me an IM. If they're loud enough to keep the wife from chit chatting, I may just be a buyer. LOL

Either way, let me know if you do decide to sell them. Thanks!

I have the same pipes, I like em, but what did you use at the slip on portion to seal the pipe together, I found mine to be a little loose so I wound up using some muffler tape and stainless industrial type hose clamp to seal up the little bit of leakage. I also sealed off the AIS whick did away with most of the popping.

When I rebuilt the Bubbs I used Ceramic packing. The original fiberglass... or whatever Bubb uses... was completely gone when I took them apart, and the previous owner was complaining that they were too loud. So far I've put around 4000 miles on them and with the Ceramic they seem to be holding the decibels. Nice rumble at idle, a little bark when hitting it, and hardley noticable while cruising down the highway. I picked the Ceramic up from an Ebay seller.

OK. I could not wait until the genuine LA Chopper baffle pack kit got here so I went to my local Tractor Supply store and bought 2- 7 foot long 1/2 inch stove ropes, and wrapped the baffles. I secured each end of the rope onto the baffles using a piece of copper wire and fired her up. It was a huge difference. Nice deep rumble at idle and a real growl and throttle. Still a little popping when I let off on gas so I may have to plug ais. If the stove rope holds up, I think the wife may let me keep them. If not, well, I sure am going to miss her.:smile5:

I have the same pipes, I like em, but what did you use at the slip on portion to seal the pipe together, I found mine to be a little loose so I wound up using some muffler tape and stainless industrial type hose clamp to seal up the little bit of leakage. I also sealed off the AIS whick did away with most of the popping.

Will the muffler tape melt?

I find the pipes sway a bit. I followed the instructions and even tightened the bolts until I stripped one (oops) and they still sway a bit. Anyone else find that happening?

If you have them mounted tight to the bolt at the bottom of the saddle bag the whole bike must be swaying.... :whistling:

There is a rubber washer both on the top and bottom of the bracket you bolt onto. I think this is to prevent vibration but I believe that is the cause. It only sways an inch or so and slips at the joint where it joins onto the header pipe so I don't think it is doing any damage.

• 2 weeks later...