IGNORED

1st. gen. V/S 2nd. gen.

jrsain

Comment was made First Gen. can blow the doors off the Second Gen. Sorry there's no way in this world that will ever happen!!!

NO doors on a Second Gen.:rotfl:

I believe that ultra modern cassette system has a door on it.

But I will have to admit I can't even hope to blow it off. I would have to go past one very fast to do that, and for that to happen the RSV would have to have gotten ahead of me.

A'int gonna happen.

:sign I win:

Gary

But how about the air intake path and exhaust systems on the bikes. Both of these will figure into RWHP ratings.

I am surprised at the 1800 Gold Wing numbers, I thought they would be better than that. Have to say I ain't scared anymore.

Gary

A 1800 Wing will roll up and smoke an unmodified 1st Gen. Not that Im happy about that , but those numbers are deceiving.

Edited by CrazyHorse

A 1800 Wing will roll up and smoke an unmodified 1st Gen. Not that Im happy about that , but those numbers are deceiving.

Then those couple of modifications I have made will help clear the smoke?

Speedy just beat an HD Dyna Glide 105th Anv. Edition that had just been dyno'ed at 126 RWHP Saturday BTW.

Gary

Then those couple of modifications I have made will help clear the smoke?

Speedy just beat an HD Dyna Glide 105th Anv. Edition that had just been dyno'ed at 126 RWHP Saturday BTW.

Gary

You did alot of nice work on that there speedster. I admire your work wish I had the time to do that. I was just talking about unmodifed 1st Gens . The GW just has raw power in every gear and I guess that new BMW will chew up a wing.

Used too I would pick on you guys about who's faster and who's not

Now days I could care less who's faster who's slower I had the First Gen. yes fast bike for its day and time but those days are long gone !

Second Gen. is nothing like the First Gen. that's why its called the Second Gen. !

You guys are always picking on each other as who has the better bike

I found out its neither one

Want fast and big touring bike?

Well look no further

The Valkyrie Interstate is the better bike!

will eat up and spit out First Gen. will out perform the Second Gen. and No its not a Gold Wing its the Gold Wings worst nightmare

OK done picking on you guys:stickpoke::stirthepot: :rotfl:

I find that information to be questionable at best. Comparisons between the RSV and MRSV make absolutely no sense. They even show a 2 HP difference and we all know that these bikes have the exact same engines.

Don, you never really looked at the specs properly. The 99 RSV silver/gray colors

actually provide a 5 HP increase over all the other RSV's.

:innocent-emoticon:

A few years back while on a Ride-in with the other club I was approched by a guy riding a RSV, he said that he had been riding behind me most of the day and couldn't stay up with me. I said there's only one way to find out which one was faster..... we lined up and took off with a rolling start, I red lined it in both first and second (first time I ever had the front wheel off the ground when I shifted to second); I had him all the way.

Also the 1988 Salt Lake Silver/Anthony Gray first gens are faster than the 1990 Blue; took one of them too.... no contest!

Also a buddy of mine has a Black VTX 1800, I can beat him too. About 6 years ago he and I went down to Florida to paint his condo, it's in a 55 and older place with No motorcycles allowed. What could we do? We were all ready there..... anyway two little ladies walked by and asked if one of them motorcycles were mine, I said sure the Pretty One..... one of them said the Silver?:cool10:

His was Brand New at the time

hmmmm

I bought the RSTD because it's big, heavy, powerful, stable, and reliable enough to carry me and my back-seater at a responsible, safe speed whereever I want to go.

Not worried about being fastest, slowest, best accelleration, most agile. Want to get to the destination safely, comfortably, happily, and enjoy the journey.

If I wanted to be fastest I'd have bought something completely different, but I'm getting a little too old and round to be able to comfortably lie down along my gas tank.

You want to go fast, fine. Go fast. I'll happily watch your taillight disappear in the distance while I enjoy my ride.

I do wonder sometimes, if speed is your issue why did you buy a honking big touring bike?

:mustache:

OK, I was really expecting some responses like they change carb's, cam's, gear ratio or timing. I had no idea that the color had anything to do with it.

There was one comment from someone that said he blew a VTX 1800 away, that is very interesting since I have owned two. I question if the guy on the VTX had any idea that they were racing. Like I said earlier I never raced my bike but have run up beside other bikes that have passed me like the had something to prove. I would run hard with them for a while to let them know it wasn't a 750cc Shadow, but then I would let them get on with it and maybe they thought they had out run me. I presume most people are talking about a drag race type situation since there is very few places that are suitable for a top end speed competition.

Anyhow I have the RSTD now and am enjoying it, the ride is most important along with the performance is very acceptable to me, but I guess I need to look out for the first generation guys-n-gals.

I do wonder sometimes, if speed is your issue why did you buy a honking big touring bike?

so you can have cruise control,

so you can have a CB radio,

so you can have big saddle bags to put all your clothing in WHEN you want to tour,

so you can pull a trailer with lots of camping gear when you want it,

so you can ride a thousand miles in a day and not be sore,

and because in some countries insurance is so blinking expensive the ONE bike you can afford has to do everything.

I do wonder sometimes, why wouldn't YAMAHA make a BETTER bike when they remake a model; you get ALL of the above WITHOUT the speed and handling if you get an RSV.