IGNORED

An embarrassing moment.

Gary N.

On our way to the 911 ride last week we were riding with five HDs. While on the QEW near Niagara Falls, doing 70 mph I had pointed to somthing on the road with my left foot and when I put my foot back on the floor board something felt funny. I looked down and there was my shifter sitting on top to the floor board. Off to the shoulder we go. Now picture all these Harley guys standing around and laughing while I quickly removed a bolt from my side cover and put my shifter back in place. Thank you venturerider.org without you I would have never known how to make that road side repair. But I still can't believe it happened. I check that bolt all the time and I have 80,000 kms on the bike. So guys, be warned, keep an eye on that shifter bolt.

Not to be out done, two of the HDs developed some pretty nasty oil leaks while on this trip too.

On our way to the 911 ride last week we were riding with five HDs. While on the QEW near Niagara Falls, doing 70 mph I had pointed to somthing on the road with my left foot and when I put my foot back on the floor board something felt funny. I looked down and there was my shifter sitting on top to the floor board. Off to the shoulder we go. Now picture all these Harley guys standing around and laughing while I quickly removed a bolt from my side cover and put my shifter back in place. Thank you venturerider.org without you I would have never known how to make that road side repair. But I still can't believe it happened. I check that bolt all the time and I have 80,000 kms on the bike. So guys, be warned, keep an eye on that shifter bolt.

Not to be out done, two of the HDs developed some pretty nasty oil leaks while on this trip too.

Mine use to do that a bunch till I put lock tight on it and now no problems

Put me on that list too. Had the same thing happen to us on the way back from Colorado last year. Left Dillion in the morning and went 2 hrs without shifting. We decided to pull over for gas and breakfast and nothing was there. Looked down and my shift lever was laying on the floorboard. Lesson learned and I put locktite on the new bolt and haven't had it again. It does get your attension when it happens though.:whistling: