IGNORED

Venture to RSTD handle bar swap

Bubber

Ok, so a month or so ago I bought a set of RSTD handle bars for my 2006 Venture.

My thought is, the RSTD have more pull back and are wider than the Venture bars so can I just get the throttle cable (upper) and the upper brake line from a RSTD an just swap them out with my Venture so that I gain the extra length that everybody says you need with these bars. Are the RSTD lines and cabels longer? Not sure what if anything to do about the clutch line.

Could use a little insight into the swap and what others have done.

Do I have to change the throttle cable (lengthen it 2”)?

Will the standard Venture front brake line be ok “as is” or do I have to lengthen it too (2”)?

What about the radio?

OR is it a matter of just re-routing the present cable path? :doh:

And yes I have done the search for some of the answers. LOL :whistling:

Bubber

Bubber,

I just did this also. I went with all new RSTD stock length cables and hoses. I found a great deal on new yamaha SS ones on ebay from a dealer in SC that were for a RSTD. I lengthened the wires for the radio and curise control as well since I am also still using the baron riser spacers.

I have to say I def like the wider bars and the pull back.

I dont recall the dealership. I found them on ebay but then I called the dealership directly. so i could buy all the parts in one purchase and got free shipping. I know that the parts are on in star website. This dealer got them through a purchase of another dealer and was just trying to get ride of old stock. Sorry I am not that much more help.

Ok, so a month or so ago I bought a set of RSTD handle bars for my 2006 Venture.

My thought is, the RSTD have more pull back and are wider than the Venture bars so can I just get the throttle cable (upper) and the upper brake line from a RSTD an just swap them out with my Venture so that I gain the extra length that everybody says you need with these bars. Are the RSTD lines and cabels longer? Not sure what if anything to do about the clutch line.

Could use a little insight into the swap and what others have done.

Do I have to change the throttle cable (lengthen it 2”)?

Will the standard Venture front brake line be ok “as is” or do I have to lengthen it too (2”)?

What about the radio?

OR is it a matter of just re-routing the present cable path? :doh:

And yes I have done the search for some of the answers. LOL :whistling:

Bubber

I put in 2 inches on the throttle cables and went ahead and put in SS cables for brake and clutch but with no additional length. Some say they can re-route the throttle cables to fit. I did not find this to be true.

:farmer:

Hey Bubber. When I did mine, I didn't have any problem at all with the brake / clutch lines. I did have to reroute the throttle cables to the inside of the fork to get them to work. I'll probably change them out in the future when I get tired of looking at then like that. The only issue I had was where I had lowered the forks in the tree by an inch. The RSTD bar hit the air valves on the top of the forks and broke one off. Wasn't a big deal for me since I have progressive springs in the front, just had to get the right size bolt to plug the holes.

I did have to reroute the throttle cables to the inside of the fork to get them to work.

Can you capture that in a picture so I can compair it to mine? That would be great! :missingtooth:

If I can get it done with out all the swaping I'll get to it before Pork in the Pines.

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Thanks Elmicko

Bubber

PS it appears that the throttle cabels are the same part number so they would be the same length too. They must have a different routing do to the different tanks.

Edited by Bubber
added PS