IGNORED

Won't Ship to Canada?

Trader

I am one of those that will not take Canadian orders on ebay. I only have an option (unless I am missing something) of putting in one shipping price, so I put in a reasonable domestic shipping cost and restrict my sales area. If a Canadian were to contact me and offer to pay the actual shipping costs to Canada, I would have no problem.

That's why some put right in the ad that they WILL ship to Canada and to contact them for shipping rates. I've done that many times and OF COURSE we'll pay the cost of shipping. That's just life here. Most agree to ship it via USPS. I don't think I've ever had anyone say no, actually. :)

I remember four or five years ago the convincing I had to do to a vendor in the United States to ship us our motorcycle jackets, which we still wear all the time. They were heavy duty thick leather, both had zip out linings made of Thinsulate and they were really nice - perfect motorcycle style for us with zip up vents, zip up cuffs, etc., etc., etc.

Anything even close to something like that around here was in excess of $800 EACH. Ouch!! These jackets he was selling were $350 EACH. HUGE HUGE difference. I talked back and forth to him over email for quite awhile because he was very reluctant to ship to Canada as people would buy from him then want to exchange because they didn't fit or they changed their mind or something and he didn't want to deal with that.

I assured him that would NOT happen with me. I gave him our measurements to the inch and what size I thought we'd need and we talked some more. Shipping those jackets cost about $60 at the time but, for a savings of over $600, it was well worth it to me. He finally gave in and shipped the jackets to me. I love those jackets. As I said, we still wear them all the time.

I rarely purchase anything heavy from the US, though, as it's usually not worth it.

I need a shock air pump, though, and found what I need on eBay for $36 WITH SHIPPING. Here, it'll cost me $49 plus 15% HST = $56. That's a savings of $20. I haven't decided yet but will probably go with eBay.

When the discount is $10 or more, it's an easy choice. Everyone who harps "Buy Canadian" - sure, when you put your dang prices down. Until then, sorry, but I'm going where it's cheapest. Mike's a trucker - we don't have lots of money!!!

My electronics almost all come from Hong Kong. For stuff here that costs $15, I can get from there for literally less than $5 with free shipping. Yup, I have to wait but for stuff like screen savers for my phone, extra cords, cases, etc., etc., I'm buying where it's dead cheap. They want $15 for ONE screen saver for our phones here. Ridiculous. They're $3 for FIVE from Hong Kong.

Sorry but, unless I can afford it, I'm going where the prices are cheapest. If I could afford it, sure, I'd buy Canadian. Doubt that'll happen any time soon.

If you won't ship to Canada, there's usually someone else who will.

For those who don't know, you CAN purchase a mailbox address with a civic address number (not P.O. Box) from many places so that you have a US address if need be. That way, places that won't ship to Canada, you get it shipped there then they ship it to Canada for you. Yes, it costs money but, if you want that option, it's available. I had it when we travelled to the US all the time via truck because I had a Verizon cell phone. Can't have one without a US address so I had a US address. Their cell phone plans were dirt cheap (still are, actually) compared to ours. To get US calling here is atrocious. So I had two cell phones. Switched them at the border and I was good. That US phone was so cheap it was pathetic. Some century we may have those rates here but I'm not holding my breath!!!

Edited by myminpins

I mentioned this last year, but it glossed over.

My daughter runs a small "package forwarding business" called "Box Voyage".

http://boxvoyage.com/

She picked up the business two years ago from my son who had lived in Sidney.

Yes it is a business so there are fees, but the idea is that you purchase your on-line item and have it shipped to her in the US (St. Mary's GA). Then they reship (repack or consolidate shipments if needed) to your non-USA address.

The basic premise is $13 fee for a single package plus actual shipping costs. You pay her through PayPal before she ships the package.

I think they (her and her sister-in-law) also do shopping for people but that's beyond me.

Anyhow, this is a possible answer for you who cannot get a US company to ship direct to you or want to really jack up S&H costs beyond reason.

Go to the website above and check it out, contact info is on the front page.

I can put this in the classifieds if someone wants?

If you have questions you can PM me and I will ask for you.

Mike Griswold

mikeginsc@bellsouth.net cell 803-420-3388

Sorry but, unless I can afford it, I'm going where the prices are cheapest. If I could afford it, sure, I'd buy Canadian. Doubt that'll happen any time soon.

Considering our $'s at or above par lately... Yamaha pricing is something else too !

Leather tank bra with pockets (plain) - U.S. $187 ; Canada $266

Trunk wing - U.S. $267 ; Canada $379

Saddle bag trim rails - U.S. $213 ; Canada $303

Passing Lamps - U.S. $118 ; Canada $168

Passing lamp mounts - U.S. $150 ; Canada $179

Trunk rack - U.S. $179 ; Canada $220

Chrome battery side covers - U.S. $208 ; Canada $295

For U.S. pricing... take off another 15% if purchased from Pioneer Motorsports.

Considering our $'s at or above par lately... Yamaha pricing is something else too !

Leather tank bra with pockets (plain) - U.S. $187 ; Canada $266

Trunk wing - U.S. $267 ; Canada $379

Saddle bag trim rails - U.S. $213 ; Canada $303

Passing Lamps - U.S. $118 ; Canada $168

Passing lamp mounts - U.S. $150 ; Canada $179

Trunk rack - U.S. $179 ; Canada $220

Chrome battery side covers - U.S. $208 ; Canada $295

For U.S. pricing... take off another 15% if purchased from Pioneer Motorsports.

Can you say you're being raped!!! And then you folks over there are paying your higher taxes to boot. It's no wonder ya all do what can be done to buy from the states.

Larry

It's like that here in Nova Scotia, too, which is the number one reason I'd never live in the United States.

I love that - our dollar is almost equal to or worth MORE than the US dollar yet the prices are still up to DOUBLE that of the US. Gotta love that free trade thingy, eh? LOL

• 5 weeks later...
I don't own a 2nd Gen so I'm not in the market for anything from this seller, but I've seen this often on E-Bay and now here and I always wonder WHY NOT?:think:

Boxing it up would be the same price!

The Buyer usually has to pay the shipping (and deal with customs)...so what's the problem?

It is always preferred to use USPS instead of UPS or FedEx to avoid the outragous brokerage fees they charge to cross the border.

That means you have to pay the postage up front....but you can always have the buyer pay the cost before you ship.

So why do sellers DISCRIMINATE against us poor Cannucks?:fiddle:

(Did I just open the floodgates for a world of digs?):doh:

I hate the no shipping to Canada thing too. Here is a solution: use a parcel forwarding service like http://www.webuyitforyou.com. It costs a little more, but what the heck, we are used to that, we are Canadian.

Istakoza,

That's what I posted weeks ago on this link (and last year too).

My daughter has a similar service, http://boxvoyage.com/

People can contact the one you suggest or Box Voyage, questions are free.

Mike G in SC

Earlier post:

I mentioned this last year, but it glossed over.

My daughter runs a small "package forwarding business" called "Box Voyage".

http://boxvoyage.com/

She picked up the business two years ago from my son who had lived in Sidney.

Yes it is a business so there are fees, but the idea is that you purchase your on-line item and have it shipped to her in the US (St. Mary's GA). Then they reship (repack or consolidate shipments if needed) to your non-USA address.

The basic premise is $13 fee for a single package plus actual shipping costs. You pay her through PayPal before she ships the package.

I think they (her and her sister-in-law) also do shopping for people but that's beyond me.

Anyhow, this is a possible answer for you who cannot get a US company to ship direct to you or want to really jack up S&H costs beyond reason.

Go to the website above and check it out, contact info is on the front page.

I can put this in the classifieds if someone wants?

If you have questions you can PM me and I will ask for you.

Mike Griswold

mikeginsc@bellsouth.net cell 803-420-3388