IGNORED

Excellent Service by a MC shop

Gray Ghost

Today I ended up on the side of the road in Virginia near exit 12. Front tire blew out, it was three in the afternoon and AMA roadside assistance expected me to know where to actually tow the bike to for a fix.

I called my wife instead and she looked up shops online. Found a place called Stuart's Cycle Shop in Henderson NC. She called, and even though he is not open on Saturday, he came up to Virginia got the bike on a trailer and took me to his shop. He had tires in stock, fixed me up with an E3 and got me back on the road pretty quick. The charges were 60 for labor, 60 for pickup, and 139 for the tire. Considering that I would probably had to wait in a hotel until a regular shop opened again, I was more than pleased. He was a great guy to deal with, even had a good time swapping bike stories on the ride back to his shop.

Seems to me that fellow gave you a very reasonable deal. Dropping everything and coming to pick you up for $60 is in my opinion a good price. I've never been in your situation but around here if you want something delivered within 10 miles it will cost $60-$80. The Yamaha dealer in Cody wanted $195 + $30 for mounting for a front E3 if the wheel was removed from the bike.

Today I ended up on the side of the road in Virginia near exit 12. Front tire blew out, it was three in the afternoon and AMA roadside assistance expected me to know where to actually tow the bike to for a fix.

I called my wife instead and she looked up shops online. Found a place called Stuart's Cycle Shop in Henderson NC. She called, and even though he is not open on Saturday, he came up to Virginia got the bike on a trailer and took me to his shop. He had tires in stock, fixed me up with an E3 and got me back on the road pretty quick. The charges were 60 for labor, 60 for pickup, and 139 for the tire. Considering that I would probably had to wait in a hotel until a regular shop opened again, I was more than pleased. He was a great guy to deal with, even had a good time swapping bike stories on the ride back to his shop.

I think you got an excellent deal all the way around!