IGNORED

FJR1300 final drive confirmation?

Just want to confirm before I start investing money in this project. I want to get Vmax gearing in my RSV and the Vmax final drives are too damned costly. Found a few FJR setups that are far more reasonable. Nice thing is they also don't have the shock stud to worry about. Can anyone confirm the FJR final drive will work?

Thanks for any and all info!!

Frank

I have a final drive from an FJR1300 on my 83 bike.

The one issue I encountered, and was helped with here, is the spacer 'bushing' did not come with the rear end. Not realizing I was missing it, when I bolted it up and torqued rear axle the assembly bound up.

Go to partshark.com 2004 year FJR1300 tab, Driveshaft Tab. Look at P/N 32 callout. It is shown as dashed between #4 & #5. It is shown with a call out # at the top of the view.

Very important piece that is 'loose' need to make sure you have one when you put it together.

You are going to have to have it machined for the pickup that mounts in it. You can see the boss on the attached picture. I think pegscrapper was doing this, maybe Dano also.

Otherwise it is an exact fit for a VMax rear end.

Gary

Snaged an fjr final drive for $70 with shipping. Pretty sure it has the spacer but will check against the axle diameter to be sure. Assuming the axle should be a fairly close fit into this hole. Am I right? I'd love to know the hole and bolt hole dimensions as well. Otherwise I'll bring both to a machinist. Winter project.

Snaged an fjr final drive for $70 with shipping. Pretty sure it has the spacer but will check against the axle diameter to be sure. Assuming the axle should be a fairly close fit into this hole. Am I right? I'd love to know the hole and bolt hole dimensions as well. Otherwise I'll bring both to a machinist. Winter project.

It should be a 'loose fit' & a cloudy memory estimate of about 3" long with a flange on one end.

Gary