IGNORED

Dust Seals - Double Holy Heck

I am rebuilding a '92 Venture that needs a bit of work and one of the things I need is new set of dust seals (rubber boots) that sit on the top of the lower front fork tube. I went to the dealer and asked him to order me a set. I almost hit the floor when he told me the item was just over $100. The near heart attack came when he told me that was for just one. The part number is 3JJ-23191-00-00. The old ones on the bike are a small rubber boot that is about 2 inches tall with no clamps or fittings of any kind . However, the microfiche shows a large boot that resembles more the gaiters that were on the early British bikes. This didn't seem to make sense so I checked out the Yamaha web site and found that for 1986-89 there is a different picture and what appears to be the correct dust seal with part number 26H-23144-00-00 at $15.76 a piece. Now I am wondering if the information on the Yamaha site is correct. Did the 90-93 Ventures have a different boot? I do want to get the right part as the local dealer is unforgiving once the part is ordered. Thank you!

I am rebuilding a '92 Venture that needs a bit of work and one of the things I need is new set of dust seals (rubber boots) that sit on the top of the lower front fork tube. I went to the dealer and asked him to order me a set. I almost hit the floor when he told me the item was just over $100. The near heart attack came when he told me that was for just one. The part number is 3JJ-23191-00-00. The old ones on the bike are a small rubber boot that is about 2 inches tall with no clamps or fittings of any kind . However, the microfiche shows a large boot that resembles more the gaiters that were on the early British bikes. This didn't seem to make sense so I checked out the Yamaha web site and found that for 1986-89 there is a different picture and what appears to be the correct dust seal with part number 26H-23144-00-00 at $15.76 a piece. Now I am wondering if the information on the Yamaha site is correct. Did the 90-93 Ventures have a different boot? I do want to get the right part as the local dealer is unforgiving once the part is ordered. Thank you!

Just about $70 on partshark.com, each.

Gary