IGNORED

I just want to Complain..

craigatcsi

Just wanted to vent....

My wife and I had planned a Vacation this year after not taking one for a couple of years due to having TWO Weddings to pay for. Well THIS year we have the money and planned a two week trip. I had posted questions about it on here a couple of times.

We had planned on heading to Indianapolis for a Charity Ride with Friends, then head to Niagra Falls for the night. Then we were going to take suggestions from this site and cross into Canada and follow the highway along the lakes. We planned to hit Maine and the rest of the northeastern states, working our way down to D.C.. From there, start heading west, back to Ohio to meet up with a good friend that has made me some White Lightning. he offered to put us up a few nights while we party & he shows me how to make the stuff. Once we left his place, we were to head home to Omaha.

This trip would've left us only a few States left on our map.

BUT.... The Army Corp of Engineers and Mother Nature couldn't come to an agreement this year and my home has been only a few feet from flooding since the beginning of June.I just heard yesterday that the Missouri River isn't planned to be back into it's banks until the end of September or October. - We don't want to be on the east coast if / when the Levy breaks.

So, it looks like no Vacation again this year.

That being said, if losing my Vacation is the worse that happens too me this year, I will still feel blessed. There are MANY people that have lost everything due to this flooding. Because of the MONTHS of the flooding, there is a lot of farmland that will take many years, if ever, to recover.

Craigr

Yes, this has been a very radical year for weather! There's alweays another year to take a vacation. We were looking forward to meeting up with you on your way to the Falls, but guarding your home and being prepared for a possible catastrophy is much more important!

When I told my wife about no vacation this year, she asked if we could sneak away to Indianapolis mid September. The river should be low enough for us not to worry about our house flooding.

So, being it's that late in the year, how far North can we go and still have reasonable weather? - Not below 55 to 60 degrees.

She wants to leave Indianapolis and hit Niagra, then Northern Michigan across to North Dakota, then south to Omaha.

Will it be too cold to go that far North?

Craig

When I told my wife about no vacation this year, she asked if we could sneak away to Indianapolis mid September. The river should be low enough for us not to worry about our house flooding.

So, being it's that late in the year, how far North can we go and still have reasonable weather? - Not below 55 to 60 degrees.

She wants to leave Indianapolis and hit Niagra, then Northern Michigan across to North Dakota, then south to Omaha.

Will it be too cold to go that far North?

Craig

I would assume it would be to cold. You might get some midday riding in, but once it starts into evening it would probably be to cold. I live in Kentucky and here Bow Deer season comes in 1st of September and I spend a lot of time in a tree stand all day. The first part of Sept. is usually pretty warm, but when you reach the middle of the month of Sept. it starts to cool fast of the evening. I also hunt in Ohio and can say that their temps are somewhat colder by around 10 degrees. So farther north toward Canada border would be another 10 degrees colder still. So I would come south middle in the month of Sept. and enjoy the Blue-ridge Parkway maybe and the Smokey Mountains, very good time to ride there. West Virgina mountains beautiful. I am sure some whom live in these northern parts will chime in here.

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

You should have no problem! September is still very good weather in Niagara Falls and Most of Ontario.

I was camping and swimming in the northern part of Algonquin Provincial Park in Sept. 2-3 years ago.

You can expect 65-70 or even hotter during the daytime most days...but it could get much cooler at night.

Depends if you are talking about early or late September.

I'm much further north than Niagara and it's usually mid to late October before we put any heat on in the house.

...actually, at least here in the Niagara Region, we are, in mid-September, usually still seeing temps in the upper 70's in the daytime and lower 60's at night. Occasionally, it will dip to the upper 60's and lower 70's for highs, but that's rare for that time of year. The colder weather tends not to hit till mid October or a bit later. Now, as for upper Michigan and North Dakota, I couldn't say, but I'm sure some of the residents will chime in soon.

Andy

If you do the WNY crew will be glad to meet up with you, we ride into November some years...

What is WNY?

Western NY?

If so, it looks like we will have to wait until Next Year. (Unless the Corp gets it wrong AGAIN).

I look forward to meeting you next year! - Good Lord willing and the Creek...... Uh, River don't rise. :)

Craig