IGNORED

wii and netflix issues

Sideoftheroad

Anyone ever have issues hooking up your wii/netflix account to the internet wirelessly. When I 1st did it about a year ago the very 1st movie worked flawlessly. Ever since providing I can even connect w/out disconnecting the router power cord and plugging back in, it will literally lose the connection about every 18 minutes. I have tried everything I can think of and have pretty much given up trying to connect to netflix via the wii. I don't think is the router because I don't have this issue w/ the wireless laptop.

If resetting power to the router restores the connection that would indicate that the router is having a problem with the wii (or Netflix). If you haven't recently you might want to check for a firmware upgrade for the router.

I stream Netflix wirelessly to an internet enabled TV. I frequently have connectivity issues that I don't experience with a computer and the TV never seems to have issues with its other internet applications. I suspect Netflix is having some issues supporting streaming (non computer) devices and I wonder if that foolishness is tripping up your router.

I had the exact same issue for many months. Even though I was convinced that my router was not at fault, I tried a new one. This resolved most but not all of the problem. What finally fixed it totally was changing my internet provider from cable to 10MB DSL service. Cable is a shared pipe, DSL is not. Once I got a line with no school kiddies on it sucking up all the bandwidth, my problem was totally resolved.

Try another router. You may be surprised.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Gray Ghost. Thought I checked that but never hurts to recheck. I even changed the channel from 1 to 11. Still getting the issue but now I am getting an effect that is like bad chinese dubbing.

MiCarl I tried searching for firmware. I think it is so old just not supported anymore. Linksys model BEFW11S4. Might have been made even before netflix came out. Not sure.

Thanks for the info. Tx2.

Freezy. Only issue is it is (wife's) company paid cable service. I would have to check whether they care if it is cable or DSL.