IGNORED

Help With Radio/Intercom Problem

Hello everyone. Hope someone would please help me with a Radio/Intercom problem I'm having on My 1988 Venture Royale ?. I have owned this Venture for 10 years with no Audio problems untill now. The headset push button on the Amplifier Controller Function,just below the Radio, will not turn off the Intercom ( green light stays on all the time ) and only plays Music or CB through the headset. I can not get Music or CB Audio to play through the Speakers. Sprayed a little contact cleaner into the push button, but did not help, also checked the mute and other buttons with no help for this problem. Has anyone ever had this problem? Please help Me with any suggestions You may have. Thanks, Russ

Hello everyone. Hope someone would please help me with a Radio/Intercom problem I'm having on My 1988 Venture Royale ?. I have owned this Venture for 10 years with no Audio problems untill now. The headset push button on the Amplifier Controller Function,just below the Radio, will not turn off the Intercom ( green light stays on all the time ) and only plays Music or CB through the headset. I can not get Music or CB Audio to play through the Speakers. Sprayed a little contact cleaner into the push button, but did not help, also checked the mute and other buttons with no help for this problem. Has anyone ever had this problem? Please help Me with any suggestions You may have. Thanks, Russ

There's a rubber seal behind all the buttons. Waterproofing. Spraying cleaner in there will not do any good. You need to remove the controller and take the back off to get to the button.

There's a rubber seal behind all the buttons. Waterproofing. Spraying cleaner in there will not do any good. You need to remove the controller and take the back off to get to the button.

Yep,,, I'd say Condor is on the right track,,, but we'll know for sure when you get it fixed

With the controller open, you can ohm the switch... it should short on BOTH segments left side to right.

If not... Get 'em from Mouser Electronics; www.mouser.com $.26 each

Mouser p/n 688-SKHHAM, manufacturer p/n SKHHAMA010 6.0x6.0x5.0mm

Thanks Mbrood,

I looked up this part, and it looks like the switch I cleaned with contact cleaner this morning after removing the controller and disassembly of the unit, everything looked OK and all springs are working as I think they should. I did not feel confortable checking anything with a multimeter, I know my limits working with electrontics. Reinstalled Radio and still have same problem.

Anyone know where I can send this Radio unit out for proper repairs? Thanks, Russ