IGNORED

Be aware of your debit / credit cards while traveling

Lone Eagle

Thanks for the info Lone Eagle.

I just notified my credit union of the upcoming trip to Cody and they wrote it up on the system. I also signed up for email notification "every time" my credit or check cashing card is used... That way Penny will also be able to see where I'm at...

I've wanted to do this for a while, but you know what they say about procastination...:duck:

I'm ready to ride clyde...:Venture:

• 2 years later...

Yes this is a problem! I have had to deal with it quite often. The first time it got me I was doing an Iron Butt 1000 in 24 and my credit card was shut off about 3/4 the way through.

LUCKY I had read about this on the IRON BUTT web site and was prepared.

The current credit/debit card situation is crazy. Last year I had 3 credit cards hacked. TEXT alerts caught Two Wal Mart fraud dept caught one.

Its always a mess to sort out and I was told they do not prosecute people who steal credit card numbers.

It was up to me to do so at my expense. I got my money back so why would I?

These ore authorizations can sure mess with a debut card balance. May even make something bounce.

I'm finding myself going back to cash to prevent such things. The less you use the card the better off it seems you are.

I did get a google wallet card, you load that one with the amount you are going to spend by phone app as you spend. That prevents over authorization as you describe. It takes the cash from whatever card you hook it two and can be hooked to more than one. The hopes is one day the Google card will replace all your credit cards and rewards cards.

My Visa card was in the Target hack. We had 7 EXXON charges in LA all for 45.56. I live in VA. The bank took all of the charges off but it really made me wonder 7 charges right in a row for the same amount from an EXXON gas station. It seem to me like there was someone on the inside to approve the charges and give out cash. It sure made me wonder and I think about it every time I use my Visa card. Are we going to get hacked again!

When you think about it, these cards have been around for a long time and remain unchanged as far as any real security features, they can do more. There must be some money in fraud, like a tax write off or something.

Just on the news have a phone that unlocks by your personal body odor.