newbie here and a newbie venture owner... don't even have it in the Garage yet but already getting ready to customize it and have an exhaust question-

I really like the look of the 4 into 4 slash cut exhaust setups I've seen on some of the models. Can anyone point me to brands, models, and recommendations for pipes of these types? Are there any that are quieter than others? I'm not a fan LOUD and actually prefer quiet most of the time but like to hear some rumble on acceleration. I owned a v65magna for years and loved how smooth and quiet it was heading down the highway... not necessarily looking for that, but not anything too loud...

Looking forward to picking everyone's minds as i begin to customize my new ride-

J

07 Venture Galaxy Blue

Four individual mufflers is what you're looking for? They won't fit the Ventures. They came on some of the '96 - '01 Royal Star models, but not even all of them. Four symmetrical mufflers is one of the things that sold me on my bike. There are 4 into 2 slash cut mufflers around that would fit the Venture.

Baron's makes the 4x2x4 Which look good and are fairly loud.

But you can wrap the baffles to tone them down . Currently Baron is out of stock on them as of last week . I found mine at an online dealer which was the last set they had . I've seen these advertised as low as $337.95 without tips and MSRP around $400.00 . Tips can range from $36-60.00 each . Also if you order , have the seller open the box to make sure all the hardware (clamps and mounting) is there . Some boxes were missing these parts .

BEER30

I have the Baron's 4-2-4 slip on set up on my Tour Deluxe. Mainly because I like the look of them. They can have a good rumble to them - or you can quiet them down via wrapping the baffles. Baron's also now makes the complete header kit if you wanted to go that way - but that doubles the cost. If you wanted to consider a 4 -2 option, BUB's or Kromewerks make good options as well. If you search on here under any of those names, you will find a lot of discussion. Also, if you were around anyone who has them, I might suggest hearing them prior to committing to purchasing any of them. With my set up, we did the trip to Ft. Collins this year for our first Int'l rally, and the wife did complain couple of times - after a few hundred miles - that the pipes were loud as she sits right over them. SO, I bought her Big Ear ear plugs for Christmas :thumbsup2::rotf:

im looking for something similar to the red/white bike in your photo...

The red and white color combination was available on the '96 and '97 Royal Stars. But I'm guessing you mean the mufflers. The four muffler systems won't fit the Ventures and newer Tour Deluxes. The bags on those set quite a bit lower and take up the space where my upper mufflers set. The lower mufflers are in the same place.

If you want four mufflers, you'll have to get a '96 - '01 Royal Star. But then you won't have a trunk. And even of these years you'll have to watch what you get. Some have four mufflers and some have two. The two muffler models will have have hard fiberglass bags similar to the later Ventures. Those bags won't fit the four muffler models though. The four muffler models will have semi hard leather bags or other soft bags, or no bags.

I suppose you could get all the brackets and stuff to put four mufflers on a Venture. I've never heard of anyone doing this. And you wouldn't be able to mount your hard bags. You'd have to go with a soft bag of some sort. Personally I think soft bags with a hard trunk would look a little goofy, mixing different themes on the same bike like that.

thanks for all the input... I sure thought i saw one somewhere with hard bags and a setup like this... ah well... ill just see how the stock setup sounds and feels and may change to the RK's if necessary since that seems to be a good alternative-

Thanks much-

J