IGNORED

Saddlebag Rails

winger53215

Thinking of getting them. Is there any drilling reqired to install them? Installation says "easy"

Also, anyone attending Star Days in Middleton? I will be there Tuesday. Are there many Vendors? Not many were listed. I am looking to get my ride LEDafied......:cool10::whistling:

...you'll need to drill a bit. If you bolt them on in the holes as shown it will look like they raise up in the back and the angle of the rails won't match the body line of your saddlebag. Also, the rail will just about (or in some cases will) come in contact with your turn signals. The best way to work it is to remove the saddleback, put the new rail in position and clamp it on with the bolt hole about 1/2 inch below where you would think and then put the saddelbag back on to eyeball it. You may have to repeat the process a couple of times to get it right. Measure twice, drill once. Repeat the process for the other side and there you have it. Mine look great and it only took about an hour from start to finish.

There's a thread on here somewhere detailing what I just tried to explain above but I'll be darned if I can find it. Who knows what I'm doing wrong. Anyway, I should note I have aftermarket saddlebag rails on my bike which I believe many folks have. I don't know about how the OEM ones look. You should be able to pick the aftermarket ones up from Ebay for about $80.

I hope this helps some. Good luck.

I just installed a set on my 2000MM that I purchased from a fellow Venturerider.org member and it required no drilling. The inner brace installed in an already factory drilled bolt hole in the chromed fender brace. I only had to push the chrome plug out of the hole and the included bolt with the rails just screwed in....(allen head). I pushed the rails down to a level position and tightened the front bolt securely (under the reflector assembly position that already had a hole factory drilled). The rails are level and match the bags correctly. And not too close to the rear turn signals... I had to buildup under the new location for the side red reflector to sucure it, but that was an easy fix with a section of car heater hose that I had... Looks good and EASY!!

my 2 cents.....tks.....