I recently acquired a 93 VR that I am trying to get back on the road. The good news is it only has 18xxx miles on it. The bad news is it only has 18xxx miles on it, so it has spent plenty of time sitting. Cosmetically it is very nice except for a clouded windshield. I took apart the carbs, and every slow speed jet was clogged, but other than that they were nice and clean. The gas tank has some sludge, but I think it will clean up pretty well using my old stand by "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner, which does a great job on rust. I bought a deka battery for it and discovered the CLASS system has an E4 error, so here is my first question. I can hear a click at the back of the bike when the CLASS system powers up, so does that mean the controller in the dash is OK and I need to look into the power getting to the compressor, or could the controller still need the resoldering that I have read about on this forum? I also have a flashing red warning light blinking at me nonstop. What is it trying to warn me about?

I have a 91 Vmax, so I know I will love this motor and bike once I get all the bugs worked out.

Thanks for any replies. I'm sure I'll have more questions.

I recently acquired a 93 VR that I am trying to get back on the road. The good news is it only has 18xxx miles on it. The bad news is it only has 18xxx miles on it, so it has spent plenty of time sitting. Cosmetically it is very nice except for a clouded windshield. I took apart the carbs, and every slow speed jet was clogged, but other than that they were nice and clean. The gas tank has some sludge, but I think it will clean up pretty well using my old stand by "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner, which does a great job on rust. I bought a deka battery for it and discovered the CLASS system has an E4 error, so here is my first question. I can hear a click at the back of the bike when the CLASS system powers up, so does that mean the controller in the dash is OK and I need to look into the power getting to the compressor, or could the controller still need the resoldering that I have read about on this forum? I also have a flashing red warning light blinking at me nonstop. What is it trying to warn me about?

I have a 91 Vmax, so I know I will love this motor and bike once I get all the bugs worked out.

Thanks for any replies. I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Flashing light is low water level in the battery. The sensor needs to be by-passed because of the DEKA. The How To is in the tech section. The E4 could mean that the power or buss connections on the CLASS controller might only be dirty, or the CLASS needs to be resoldered.

The flashing indicator tells you to look at the CMS display (the CMS display is the window above the clock). The CMS will light one or more of the seven symbols to warn you of a condition that needs your attention. Side stand down is one of them (top left), as is low fuel.

E4 is a message from the controller that it sees no output voltage on the pressure sensor. I believe bad solder connections on the board frequently cause this.

Success! Special thanks to mbrood. I resoldered the CLASS pins and the system came

to life. Hopefully it will hold air now. That fix alone was well worth the $12 subscription.

We only charged 12 bucks?? A Stealer would have added a few zeros to and still probally not fixed it!!:whistling: Glad you got it done. :clap2::clap2:

Use some spray wax on that shield and you may be able to put up with it for a while. DON'T use cleaner wax.