IGNORED

Another rear shock ? with a twist

Is there a non-air replacement possibility for the rear shock? My load is pretty consistent and don't neccessarily need the flexability of air. I change over to progressive shocks when I had a kawasaki voyager and was pretty happy with it. Sooo I was wondering if anyone has ever checked out a non-air replacement for our ventures. 2nd gen of course. The rears are showing some bad signs and I think it is getting close to replacement time. Thanks.

Bill

There are 2 one being a Works Performance around $700.00 + and a Hogan (?) around $400.00+ there is a thread about them on here.

Is there a non-air replacement possibility for the rear shock? My load is pretty consistent and don't neccessarily need the flexability of air. I change over to progressive shocks when I had a kawasaki voyager and was pretty happy with it. Sooo I was wondering if anyone has ever checked out a non-air replacement for our ventures. 2nd gen of course. The rears are showing some bad signs and I think it is getting close to replacement time. Thanks.

Bill

Progressive makes FRONT springs for our bikes, "awesome" but NOT rear shocks..

I wish they did, I have their shocks on my VStar and its awesome sweet..

One of the main reasons there aren't many shocks out there for the RSV is demand and supply.. the R&D and manufacturing costs need to be supported by sales, and though our bikes are fun bikes, there aren't enough of them on the road to be able to justify the costs to build a new shock for it.. (economics 101.. I missed that class but that's what I was told by someone who fell asleep in class..)

Cheers

Thanks Seaking. I thought I would give it a shot. I had the progressives front and rear on the voyager and loved them. I guess ill just have to suck it up and pay the big bucks when the rear finally goes. maybe if I start saving now.........

Bill