IGNORED

Trip to Vogel

tufftom4

Ok I am planning my trip to Vogel I am taking 2 weeks off to go riding. I am leaving Ft Pierce Fl and heading up the coast on Rt 1 and A1A along the ocean to St Augustine for the first day and plan to camp out every day. I am planning to Head to Asheville NC to finish the BRP before I get to Vogel, my ? is does anyone know any nice spots to camp out in between and I only ride back roads no Hwy, I am leaving Aug 12Th-25Th so I have time to cruise the back roads. Hey and if anyone wants to meet up lets go for a ride.

Tom:301:

One of my favorite campgrounds is Carolina Hemlocks State Park. It is only a few miles off the parkway on Highway 80 just north of Mt Mitchell between the parkway and Burnsville, NC. Is has great showers, a great swimming area that is also great for snorkeling as the water may be very clear. Several of the pools of water may be 6 to 8 feet deep. They also having tubing and rent tubes there. The only thing lacking is the camp sites do not have electricity, but water is available at various locations.

There is some great riding roads around this area and it is also close to Little Switzerland, NC

RandyA