IGNORED

"Bad Boy" Horn Install

OldGazer

After a couple of close calls recently, I decided to get a better horn. Bopped over to Harbor Freight and snagged a Wolo "Bad Boy" (Strebel clone).

I've got the electrical part down (played with Trons in the Navy...), but I'm not sure about the mounting.

I'm pretty sure I can pull off one of the stock horns and mount the Bad Boy in its place, but I'm concerned about heat from the engine, so I'm considering mounting the horn inside the fairing.

Thoughts?

Thanks, and Y'All ride safe...

My Stebil has been on my RSTD for 3 years, on my RSV most of a year. Mounted where the stock right horn was. I simply disconnected the one in the left lower so it didn't take juice away from the Stebil. Never had problems (unless the lead slipped off-once).

For the RSTD I got the bracket at Lowe's, they come in a 4 pack for a few bucks. Need to enlarge the hole. For my Venture, I got the harness and the SS bracket from this site (I think Carbon One.) Wow, did that make life easy.

Mike G in SC

I have the Wolo Bad boy all Chrome horn mounted on the right side for long time now, heat from pipes not a problem.

Carbon One bracket is made to fit, but you will need a spacer between it and the horn.

(Stebel comes w/ one but Wolo doesnt)

see..

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59185

and other threads

Oh and a relay is highly recommended. I mounted mine behind the cover near the horn and routed the original horn wires straight to the relay.