IGNORED

december 7 1941

wild hair 39

Today is the day my cousin goes around kicking over all the Jap bikes he can find.

Funny how things change, today you are our enemy and tomorrow we buy stuff from you. After we spend billions rebuiding your country.

Sad day..........

"The day that will live in infamy" is almost forgotten. It was a sad day in American history but in the end it brought out the best in us. Our nation united behind our service men in a way it never had before and, perhaps, has not since. The partnership between "Rosie the riveter," the air raid wardens, those who fought "the battle of Bedford Falls," and the brave servicemen overseas was a high point in American history.

Hats off and hands on heart to honor those valient men and women and the sacrifice they made for us and for our freedom. And thanks be to God who gives the victory.

Lynn

I stopped just short of 1PM this afternoon, (5 hrs difference), sat in solemn silence for about 10 minutes thinking of the hell that our guys went through that day. It saddens me that the young generation will not think about it the same way as we did (I'm 50). We're just too different in our thinking, I guess.

In remembrance,

Dan

My dad joined the Navy at 16 years old. He had not been in long and was in Times Square when Pearl Harbor was bombed. He ended up in Guadal Canal as the war ended.

I look at my 16 year old grandson, who is a pretty good boy and I just can not imagine him having to endure what my dad did at that age.

I really regret that I did not have more talks with my dad about what he went thru. I do know that he was proud of me when I joined the military and ended up in South east Asia.

RandyA

My Great Uncle Clint was in Pearl Harbor when they attacked, He was blinded when the Power room on the ship got struck. He said it was so bright that it blinded him, and he still remembers every detail of that day. He never regained his eye sight. So to him His wife - Aunt Falbie would always be the young girl he married before the war. Times she would joke he was married to a younger woman.

Uncle Clint passed away 4yrs ago sure do miss him and yes we are losing our Hero's too fast.

GOD Bless our Hero's

If not for these Men & Women we would not be enjoying our life style today. THANK YOU

To all of our service Men & Women

:bighug:

GOD BLESS

buddy

My Great Uncle Clint was in Pearl Harbor when they attacked, He was blinded when the Power room on the ship got struck. He said it was so bright that it blinded him, and he still remembers every detail of that day. He never regained his eye sight. So to him His wife - Aunt Falbie would always be the young girl he married before the war. Times she would joke he was married to a younger woman.

Uncle Clint passed away 4yrs ago sure do miss him and yes we are losing our Hero's too fast.

GOD Bless our Hero's

If not for these Men & Women we would not be enjoying our life style today. THANK YOU

To all of our service Men & Women

:bighug:

GOD BLESS

buddy

amen,buddy :clap2::clap2::2133:

I didnt know this fact till a few days ago, more lives were lost on 9/11 when the Twin Towers were hit by terrrorists. We lost over 2300 service personel at the Pearl Harbor attacks and over 3000 when the Towers went down............and it could have been worse. Thats not counting the plane that crashed in Pa, and the hit on the Pentagon..............

Thanks to all our service men and women who protect our freedoms now and in the past...................

Thanks for bringing this up. I did not hear anyone mention that this was "Pearl Harbor" day in my area. I had to remind them. I have not forgot, and I hope our young people will pick up from us, the "baby boomers", that this was real! ! And to be proud of those who have secured a "free" nation to live in. We need to THANK all vets who have fought for our "free nation". But it is true, we are loosing our "heros" too fast. We need to tell them thanks before it's too late. We need to let them know that we appreciate what they went through for us.

Ken:bighug:

We need to keep in mind that most every Vet will tell you the only heroes lie under the white Cross Of Jesus Christ or white Star of David in a US Military Cemetery.

Every other Vet just did his job and was lucky enough to come home. Yes it is sad they are reaching the time in their lives when they are being called home.

An even greater reason for us to become involved and concerned, willing to carry on the legacy and torch they handed down to us.

Don't count out modern GIs, they are every bit the heroes our Dad's, uncle's, and grandfather's were.

May God Bless The United States and place the hands of His protection around the members of our Armed Forces. May He return us to One nation Under Him.

John A. Palese, Jr. LtCol, USAFR (Ret)