IGNORED

Interesting horn comparison

Freebird

This one surprised me a bit. The Hella disk type horns were actually louder than the Stebel Magnums.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-horns/horn-comparison-part-2/

Impressive.

But the Stebel Nautilus is still louder at 139db....

For someone who just wants to replace the stock horns on an RSV without adding an additional bracket somewhere, the Hellas look like a good option.

Joe

Yes, I've heard the Nautilus and they are loud. Webbikeworld claims that they are nowhere close to their specified rating though and in fact, they don't recommend the Stebel at all due to some problems in their test results. I've not heard about any failures here though. I run Fiamm Blasters on my '99 and hey are plenty loud even though I have them installed inside the fairing.

On Freebirds link they actually have a chart showing "real world" decibels about halfway down the page. The Hellas they tested were actually louder than everything else... BUT...

Go to this link- "Horn sounds" - and listen to the different horns. I'll take almost anything over the sound of the Hellas.

Well, here's what I installed on my '07 RSV. 109 dB @ 0ne meter, 6 amp draw, VERY weatherproof as they are for marine use. I think they have the rating very close to truth, they are LOUD. Not chrome, 304 stainless steel. Mounted right up front for excellent forward sound projection. I liked 'em. They are available from multiple vendors. One is below.

http://mandmmarine.com/aficompacttwinhorn.aspx

On the Griots site, I would take the "American" car horn sound anyday. My '04 GW has true car style horns, and heads swivel whenever I touch the button. People looking for something big with fins on it, I love it! My '86 Venture has the stock twin horns, and I was able to tune them up with the screw on them, and get them to be a bit more annoying, but I would love an air horn setup, just too lazy to install one!

A friend has a Dodge Pickup with true air horns in a three horn setup. So loud it can cause accidents if used improperly, but NOBODY ignores him when he blast those horns!