IGNORED

Trailer hook up

Shamue

I am finishing up the electrical wiring for a trailer. The trailer has independent turn signals and all lights are LEDs.

I have read many of the threads about hooking up to the bike's electrical and notice almost all talk about tapping into the wiring under the seat.

I have an 08 RSV and my question is: has anyone tapped into the harness behind the licence plate?

I was going to make 2 into 1 water proof bullet connector adapters so not to have to splice into wires for the bike's female trailer plug. (running, brake, 2 turn signals, then a ground)

and if anyone has Pros or Cons as to why one hook up is better or worse / under the seat vs behind the licence plate, it will help me decide.

(i wired my gold wing up to the harness behind the rear tail light cluster and never had any issues)

Thanks, Shamue

you might want to try here http://www.electricalconnection.com/index3.htm for a plug & play adapter, no cutting & splicing. I used one on my 07 along with a converter and isolator. With the isolator there is no draw on the bikes lighting system, it comes direct from the battery.

Jim

Thanks, Jim

I like how clean this set up would be.

will make an order asap.